THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thinking about getting the Book

Im a Sls student in N.Y And i have been pretty happy.
On my first lesson i went to HIgh E But it was in head which is right. JUst was weak i guess it takes time. I want to reach range with more Power. But not belting my brains out and killing my Voice. I also have a stupid thing of reaching for HIgh notes. But since Sls i really do that much less. But in singing song i do that somtimes. I must say that that high note in breaking the glass is impressive. I kinda tryed to buy the book But the login to paypal. Did not work it Kept messing up. Somthing is wrong. I wonder will this help me with Sls? thx

Re: Thinking about getting the Book

I also kind of think that only working from a book can be dangerous. Becasue i Worked from the singing of the stars book. And did not fully do it right until a teacher helped me.

Your are right about working from a book. it's tough. That's why we are developing the Members link to help RYV students. This link will soon contain, free to purchasers of RYV, video lessons, audio exercises, audio interviews, etc... and will continue to grow. The big difference betwen the way I teach and SLS is my approach to obtaining more power without hurting your throat. When I did the MythBusters show, I actually attempted to shatter a non-crystal glass that was a Soprano C#. The MythBusters freaked when I hit that note clear as a bell, which was 1 octave higher than the glass i broke on the show. I wish they wouldn't have edited that scene :( The point is, I can hit the notes in my range repetitvely without losing my voice. I screamed for about an hour without hurting my throat, when I broke some glasses for a new video we recently shot. I was a little vocally sore, but that was because I got impatient and didn't follow my own advice :) But, I did not lose my voice and I was okay about an hour later. This systme will work with SLS, just ask Brett Manning (singingsuccess.com) he's a friend of mine and praises my book. I think that SLS is an excellent program and have promoted SLS teachers everywhere. I myself have focused on singing rock music, from Journey to Judas Priest, so I developed a system that would help rock singers prevent vocal blowout, while allowing them to sing loud, soft, smooth, or screaming. So, I do believe this will help you too. You could also chekc out some reviews on my book on Amazon.com, to help you make a decision. If you are interested in the book and paypal is giving you trouble, just go to paypal and send the money directly to vendera@thevoiceconnection.com, and I will process the order for you :)

God Bless, and Merry Christmas,

Hope this message helped you,

Jaime Vendera

thx for getting back to me i guess ill try it Look man i write Rock metal pop. I used to love Halford i consider him one of the best singers ever.

He sounds better now then he did 15 years ago. Man Belting the wrong way. Will kill you i had teachers like that. MAn im 29. NO time to play games have my own studio.

Going to be singing LIve for money. So i need to be in top shape. Not my music tom jones stuff like that.

Need a Job and i only will have to work on the weekends. Pay about 200 a night which is great

I knew a chick for a band wow she hit high hotes but man all in chest vioce really belting . Then she says cant do it no more im tired, I thought hiting high notes should be eaay. To get a idea of what i do. myspace.comspektormusic NIce talking to you man. I know this if you fall free in your laynx and it feels free YOur doing it right.