THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: question

I wasn't the one asking about the clips but it's nice to know anyway.

I've been doing my best to help out at the conservatory lately but I'll gladly assist here too (provided I feel competent enough to give a good answer).

The Conservatory is a great site. I hated to had let my teaching status go, but honestly, I need to devote all of my time to this site. Plus, I wasn't going to be any good there since I only had dial up and couldn't participate in the live critique's. Someday I'll quit being cheap, then break down and buy a satellite dish hookup for Internet service, since I live in a secluded area :)

Dude with a voice like that, I bet they can still hear you in the whitehouse. You may only be at 100 dB though instead of 120 :D

Honestly mate, you must drive the neighbours nuts!

I have a question for all though, Where do you goto practice so you don't disturb others. I try and use the garage sometimes.

just find a quiet place in my basement. But all exercises don't have to be freakishly loud. You can concentrate on perfecting the tones for now. Actually most of this clips are around 105 dB. I had the scientis record one of my screams, which was probably about a Soprano C, and measure it. It was right aroung 120 dB,the threshold of pain. My best friend can testify that I can definitely cause your ears to hurt:)

What about your own man, doesn't it resonate heaps in your head? You ever get a headache?

My mother is a nurse so she always gets on me about this-The only time I ever get a headache is when I am screaming at glasses for more than 10 or 15 minutes. when we filmed a video clip for the Members section and Guinness, I screamed for about an hour and broke several glasses. My head hurt so bad that I had to lay down the rest of the day. My producer got sick at his stomach and one of my students who were present also had a headache the rest of the day. Screaming at glasses isn't very healthy. From usual singing, I might get dizzy once in a while :)

The students headache was purely a result of frustration and disbelief of how one man is such a tank. Speaking of tanks, how huge is Russell Allen man, You look tiny compared to him. How tall is he?

I can't count that high in feet and inches so I'm not sure how tall he is:) My student probably was frustrated because I screamed for something like 50 minutes with only about 3-5 minutes break and only shattered 3 glasses-One of which was about 4 feet away from me. So, it was pretty damn loud