THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Screaming at a concert... :-)

haha! A lot people turned their head around and looked at me as if i was an ufo :-D hope i didn't ruin the concert for them ...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Screaming at a concert... :-)

HAHA good work.

I read something you said on the eblah singing site Lafa. The way you talked it was though head voice was not full voice. To my knowledge I thought head voice was full voice :S

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Screaming at a concert... :-)

Yes... i know now that "full voice" was another register. But it's only another resonance. It is head voice... :-) Haven't said that yet on the singing forum lol..... :-D I will when i get a chance ^^

Can you sing in this resonance smoothly? I can't do that yet.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Screaming at a concert... :-)

I thought there was Chest Voice, Head Voice and Falsetto and that Chest voice and Head voice are both called full voice. I can sing in head voice pretty **** high but I feel I have many bad techniques. My passagio is a bit bad sometimes i need to work on getting through it smoothly. I can get to A5 or B5 depending on the day in head voice. The tone aint great though and I think my larynx rises too much. My falsetto is a bit gay too to get past E5 in it I feel i need to push alot harder and then i can get up to C6 sometimes.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Screaming at a concert... :-)

The way I teach, chesat voice and head voice are both full voice, it's just about your focus of resonance. Only falsetto is different.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Screaming at a concert... :-)

Yeh that's what I thought, thanks for clarifying bro.

Re: Screaming at a concert... :-)

i sang and screamed my way through a priest set. when i was able to talk afterwards thats how i knew my voice was stronger then it used to be. at the time i would have to attribute that power to that scream exercise in jim gillettes video. i was glad to see that it also made its way to ryv

"My falsetto is a bit gay" ... Alright,

The was one of the funniest remarks I've read on here for a while. It's not just the phrase itself but the timing that made it great!

I think the key here is the fact that there is an inherently effeminate quality to the falsetto. That's why Prince has been referred to as "The gayest straight man out there." Of course, the falsetto isn't the ONLY reason for that, but it helps

"My falsetto is a bit gay" ... Alright,
The was one of the funniest remarks I've read on here for a while. It's not just the phrase itself but the timing that made it great!

I think the key here is the fact that there is an inherently effeminate quality to the falsetto. That's why Prince has been referred to as "The gayest straight man out there." Of course, the falsetto isn't the ONLY reason for that, but it helps

Another interview with Myles? Our 15 pages weren't enough for you? Well, I'm not complaining, you know I'll be the first one to read it anyway

Check the date on that comment.

OMG that is SO old Thanks for pointing that out!!