THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Full sounding(chesty) voice bottom to top

hey everyone,

I am in BIG trouble.
how can i get a full sounding voice from bottom to top?because in a song,folsetto or head voice sound weaker..i want a full voice like BRUNO MARS OR ADAM LAMBERT

I am 21years old.I can sing G#5 in folsetto and E5 in head voice.I can sing FROM A#2 to A4(in my mix voice) and my passagio is in F4.

If anyone can tell me some steps to get it...

how much can i expand my range?PLS PLS PLS LET ME KNOW..I AM VERY CONFUSED ...TNX IN ADVANCE...

Re: Full sounding(chesty) voice bottom to top

Hello there!Im pretty much new to singing(starter practiding ryv about 6 months ago)but i know some stuff and j hope i will be able to help you.So first of all i want to correct you about head voice and falseto...if you are read the book you should know that falseto is just a breathy tone meaning your vocal cords dont come together like when you are singing in full voice, and head voice is a place where your voice resonates when singin notes above your break...so head voice is actually full voice and falsetto is color of the head voice.To get those high notes to sound chesty and big you should just stick to the exercises and methods in ryv and have patience with it.For me when i started a was barley able to hit E4 in full voice and was straining as hell but with lots of practice i am now able to hit C5 in full voice...now it sounds thin and i kinda struggle to hit it but note before C5 like A4,B4 that i couldnt imagine hitting half year ago are now relativley easy for me and they sound big and chesty.So just stick to the exercises and you will get there.Also i would like you to know from my short expirience you should not try any bridging before you can reach at least an A4 with ease and strain free even if your break is at F i think you should first expand your chest voice as high as possible and than start to experiment with bridging.In the end with LOTS of practice your voice will feel like chest voice just cuta through break point and continues to go higher(remember im not an expert so i suggest you wait for someone more expirienced than me to give you an answer but until then just practice)Hope i helped you:)

Re: Full sounding(chesty) voice bottom to top

thanks man...