THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Placement

Hey Jaime and everybody. I from VietNam and I wanna ask several questions about placement.
1.How do the placement exactly feel like in the back of my throat?
2.Where is the sound going to place on the roof of my mouth?
One last thing, I have done the smile exercises like Hah Hah Hah or Hoo Hoo Hoo, but the feeling, the sensation of placement seem to be unknown.
Thank you all for your comment.
Forgive me for my English grammars.

Re: Placement

Hello and welcome to the forum:)

1.How do the placement exactly feel like in the back of my throat?

It is very subtle, like a little energy burst against the roof of your mouth. Try singing in falsetto an "Oo-oo-oo" and you should feel a little bump on the roof of the mouth. It will feel larger in full voice.

2.Where is the sound going to place on the roof of my mouth?

Yawn and notice how the back part of the rood (soft palate) raises up. Generally you will feel it there, but it can be back a little farther or even forward on the hard palate.

One last thing, I have done the smile exercises like Hah Hah Hah or Hoo Hoo Hoo, but the feeling, the sensation of placement seem to be unknown.

It will take some time to get it down. Make sure to listen to all the audio files and watch the videos. And keep practicing!