THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Vocal Workout Partners for Vendera Vocal Academy members

Jaime Vendera
I have a new idea for VVA and it was actually inspired by the students reaching out to each other and considering doing google hangouts to push themselves. I think we should start a partner program where VVA students pair up and become workout buddies, no matter where they live. Someone esle to be accountable to in order to keep you on your toes. I am even wanting a partner. Now, how to go about this? If you have any ideas, post them here and we will get it launced ASAP.

Hi Jaime, I read you message in the Facebook group and think it's an excellent idea!!

Time compatibility may or may not be necessary.

Some Thoughts:

1. Perhaps a form from the Ultimate Workout Diary where it is filled out and send to the partner, and the partner signs to check it off, then scans and sends it back?

2. A biography of what the artists goals are. Everyone has different goals. This can include not only what they want to learn, but how they want to use it.

3. Detail where and how they practice. Frequency of practice.

4. Detail of where they are now, range, etc.

5. Health log included in the partner form. When I started studying Jaime's books before the VVA one suggestion was to log what you eat. I've found it makes a big difference. Food can affect people differently and certain items are not good to consume before practice/singing. It's good to know what affects you and how, and a log helps.

6. Maybe we add a sub-section for this on the forum?

7. Maybe also a link within the Vocal Academy itself. This might be a project, but I was thinking in a way like social media, a message system that could also host the form and whatnot. (or we can just use the web forum)

8. Monthly challenges from the partner.
Everyone likes a challenge! It would be cool if we could challenge the partner each month and check-off and track a record of what is completed.

Great ideas, Paul. We will talk about these in Tuesday's Hangout. There is a diary in Week 1 of VVA, don't forget:)

Thanks, and you're welcome!

Ahh yes I did forget! I've been using the book of your diary, but maybe I should get a 3 ringed binder and start switching to it. I've been getting close to going through the book. It's nice to look back at one's progress.

I should go back through the weeks again for all the content you've been adding over the years.

Awesome idea, guys. I'd love to be a part of this so count me in 😎