THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
keeper of the seven keys and crimson glory cover

I finally had a free night to do this. Original band been busy.helloween and crimson glory cover.would love a response.good or bad. It helps with what to work on. Keeper of the seven keys http://soundcloud.com/renehinojosa/130715_0002-wav crimson glory where dragons rule http://soundcloud.com/renehinojosa/130716_0001-wav

Re: keeper of the seven keys and crimson glory cover

Well I listened to them, they sounded alright.

It's hard for me judge voices with music--especially the tonal qualities and lower notes. Would prefer voice only.

As is usually my case, I listened and loved it, Helloween and CG being two of my all time favorites. I have so much respect for people who can hit these kinds of notes. I've tried and tried. I won't go so far as to ever say I can't do that stuff but I will say I haven't figured it out yet. hehe.

Anyway, you have a lot of talent. Just keep practicing and you will get even better, as hard as that is to believe. On a few of the notes, you had to swoop down to the note because you went too high, which is the exact opposite as my attempts at songs. A few other notes you swooped up to the note. I would suggest giving your covers a few days and then go back and listen with fresh ears. Then isolate anything that didn't sound right to you. That's what I did on my bands last album and it really helped. Of course my isolation was pretty easy to fix because I haven't figured out how to sing high notes yet.

I'm always willing to work with good singers like you. If you ever have a project you're working on and need some music let me know. Here's my band.

https://www.reverbnation.com/playlist/view_playlist/-4?page_object=artist_2977552

Thanks for listening and the compliment. I agree with u 100%. When I record I get over excited lol and just post right away cause I love doing this. It wont be till days later I notice any mistakes. i heard your track voice of reason on reverbnation. It sounds awesome. Has a great verse riff for the vocals to flow over. I love really heavy music with melodic vocals. And im always willing to throw vocals over something.

Cool man.
My email is davidgtr1@yahoo.com if you want to shoot me an email I'll put you on my contacts list.

I've had to abandon a lot of, what I thought were good songs, because I couldn't sing them in a higher registry. It would be great to be able to send stuff like that to someone who could actually pull it off.