THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Recommended breath training devices?

Luke K
I am looking to get one to aid in breath training, I saw people talking about a PTD-1 device on posts a few years ago but it looks like it is no longer available online.
Can anyone point me towards some good alternatives?
I did a few google searches and found a few options like expand-a-lung and ultra breath but i would prefer to spend money on something singers have had success with here.

Hi Guys.

The website (vocalistsdirect.com)is currently down until I can get some issues resolved.

I didn't actually have any packages get lost, but I had a few people order who didn't seem to understand that when I said it could take **6 WEEKS ** before they would get their orders, I was not joking.

If you are in Australia - and understand that it takes a full 3 weeks in transit if shipped First Class Mail from the USA (that is, unless you want to pay close to $100 for me to ship a 3 ounce item. LOL).
Then I am willing to sell and ship it to you. (But it is no longer going to be an option on the store.)

Send me an e-mail at tbnterprisesREMOVE@gmail.com (you have to take out the REMOVE.)

And I'll send you the details about how to buy it, but you will have to have a PayPal account to transfer funds out of - Since I do not have a store online, there is no page that allows me to accept credit card at the moment.

So, they are still available. The website is just down - but luckily, PayPal can be utilized from account to account. (i.e., you log into PayPal, send the cost to my PayPal account, and and when the transaction posts, I will send out your order.

Tim

The PTD-1 is currently available here.

I'm also selling another breath trainer in the coming months that is NOT adjustable - there is no valve on it, it has a fixed aperture. It works just fine - I wouldn't be selling it if I didn't believe in it. I wanted one that would work for the general public, and in order to get the price lower, I felt that a fixed aperture was the route to go. While everyone could benefit from using the PTD-1 for training, this economy model would probably work fine for about 50% of the singers out there. Not everyone is wanting to hold out notes for extended periods of time. This trainer is made from synthetic "rubber"(Actually, IIRC it is CPVC or PVC. No latex. Outside of the medical industry, rubber is virtually non-existent these days.. most" rubber" is really a form of PVC.) The fact that it has no moving parts, and a fixed aperture, is reflected in the price. So, if you are interested in the PTD-1, but aren't willing risk the money on the device. You may want to try the other model. The newer one will not be available for about a month, but I have 6 dozen (72) of them coming in.

At $19.99 + $5 shipping, they are one third of the price of the PTD-1.

Tim

Hi Tim,

I am interested in the new device you have. Are they available now?

Thanks!!!

To Order PTD-1's

I currently have 6 of each type of the #PTD-1's, and 18 of the #PBT's on hand, so if you're interested - ORDER NOW.

The will not be available From July through October 1st, because I am going to be leaving Florida again for a few months. (I'm going back to school to get my certification as a Certified Hypnotherapy Instructor and specializing in Medical/Dental Hypnotherapy.)

Also, there are New *** LOWER PRICES *** on all the breath trainers for students of Jaime Vendera. The website is not going back online going back online until next month and they will be sold at the MSRP online. The reason for that is simple, I now have a few local Mom & Pop/Independent music stores carrying the trainers, and it gives them a chance to sell them at a discount. For the average person, I would much rather they buy them form the stores. Why? Because the store has to order them 12 at a time to get a discount.

I will be creating a special webpage that will only be for Jaime Vendera's students, and when I do - I'll post the link here.

#PTD-1 . Black & Red Mouthpiece . $45.00
#PTD-1B . Black Mouthpiece . $35.00
#PBT . Black Parabolic Fixed-rate breath Trainer . $20.00

The #PBT is a fixed rate breath trainer with an concave/parabolic guide that acts like a funnel that you are breathing through. There is no valve, no moving parts, and it is non adjustable. It is much more economical, and it works extremely well, and it is virtually indestructible - short of throwing it in a fire, or perhaps a pot of boiling water or oil.(It is all CPVC (i.e.,"non-toxic imitation-rubber".) I was trying to come up with one that was more economical because the valve is so labor-intensive (they valvbes for the PTD-1 are still machine made, but modified by hand.) So, this is what I came up with. I'm also working on an actual book on breath control, and the #PBT will be included with the book.

All prices INCLUDE First class Shipping, Worldwide.

Shipping:

14 days within the Continental USA(Lower 4
30 days for anything outside the Continental USA.

Why does it take so long? Because your order does not even exist as a physical device until you commission me to create it via your purchase. This is not a large company, it is literally one person, sometimes two of us, working in a small workshop, creating these by hand. if I have parts on hand, I'll get to work on your device as soon as I finish the prior order. If I am out of parts, i will have to order them (and this can take a few days - it used to take up to a few weeks because I was buying from a place in New York, but now I've got a distributor that is less than 500 miles away.)
I do not know why it takes as long as it does to ship over seas, Jaime and I have both had problems with shipping products to Australia.

Aside from those being carried in a few stores, all PTD-1's are custom-made when your order is placed. In order to get this organized ALL Shipments go out on the following Friday. yes, that is FRIDAY. So if you order on a Saturday, your device will not be shipped until the next Friday. Yes, this time period is included in the 30 days for outside the Continental USA.)

If you wish to order

Simply forward the funds via Paypal to:
tbnterprisesREMOVE@gmail.com
(You have to take out the REMOVE.)

Tim

Hi Tim

I just placed my order for the PTD-1B.

Thanks again!

Do you have these up on a website? would love to be able to recommend them to singers and students.

Luke K
Do you have these up on a website? would love to be able to recommend them to singers and students.

Hi Luke,

No, I do not have them on a website at the moment.
I have been having some issues getting the website & Domain name connection re-established. So I am probably going to move it to a new hosting service.

I just got off the phone with tech support. The website SHOULD be back online by within 24 hours.

Vocalists Direct

Tim

Thanks for that. I will try and get my students and singers i know to buy one. Such a great idea...loving my PTD-1 :) Makes breathing practice easy.

I love the PTD-1!

Hi There,

I just bought Jaime's Ultimate Breathing workout book, and he mentioned your PTD-1. Do you still have any for sale at these prices?

Jeff