THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: question for skullsplitter tim

Aliz,

Check your Spam folder or junk mail folder, because I just ran an order through it, and it sent a confirmation/receipt page for me.

Thanks Again,
Tim

ah yes i got it haha! sorry! i thought because i didnt need to fill up a form for my address, something went wrong.

thanks so much tim n sorry for troubling you!

No problem at all. :)

Hey Tim, was wondering how long does it take for you to ship the product to me.. I still haven't receive it yet..

Hi Aliz,

I mailed it out First Class 2 weeks ago. I have no idea how long it takes to get to Singapore. You are the first one there to order from me, but I believe it takes about 3 to 4 weeks.

Tim

Hey Tim! I've just received the product! Thanks! But how do I use it actually. There doesn't seem to be instructions. I got the yellow guidebook though. Found there's a knob on the PTD where I can twist to off or on..

How much do I open it? Is it supposed to be completely closed or something?

Thanks so much!

aliz
Hey Tim! I've just received the product! Thanks! But how do I use it actually. There doesn't seem to be instructions. I got the yellow guidebook though. Found there's a knob on the PTD where I can twist to off or on..

How much do I open it? Is it supposed to be completely closed or something?

Thanks so much!

Hi Aliz,

You open the valve all the way. Keep inhaling through the trainer and adjust the valve until it becomes had to inhale through. That is your starting point.
Then just follow the instructions in the booklet. You can also use it with Jaime's The Ultimate Breathing Workout; I wholeheartedly endorse his program. He and I have spent tons of time discussing breath training on the phone and via E-mail. When I first told him about the training device, I'm not sure if he knew what to think, but he called me within minutes of opening it and essentially said,"You have got to make this available."

Just follow the basic program that is in the booklet, and every week try to add a second or two, or if you can jump up 5 seconds go for it. But try to add to the time that you can hold and maintain your breath.
If you just tighten it up to where your really have to work a little to breath through it - after the first run though of the program - just 5 minutes, you will notice a major difference.

I am in the middle of re-writing the program, and will be making it available as a free downloadable E-book, rather than sending out the booklet with the trainer. That way people can just download it and they don't have to worry about keeping up with the booklet.

Tim

Greetings, Tim.

Do you have a PTD-1 available in stock? I got interested in it and maybe order one within the next week.

Also, what does the name "PTD-1" stand for?

Thanks in advance.

atperez
Greetings, Tim.

Do you have a PTD-1 available in stock? I got interested in it and maybe order one within the next week.

Also, what does the name "PTD-1" stand for?

Thanks in advance.

Mouthpieces just came in this afternoon, so if you want a PTD-1, I'd suggest you go ahead and order it because it can take up to 2 weeks for the mouthpieces to get to me; that particular piece is shipped to me from a company in the Northeast, and I'm not sure how "Hurricane Sandy" is going to affect my ability to get parts.

I am working on the actual trademark, so I don't tell people what the name is. I just assigned some letters to it and stuck a 1 on the end, and used them as the working name for the time being.

Tim

It was just curiosity, hehe.

Thanks for your prompt answer, Tim.

I have just ordered one PTD-1 and paid via paypal.

When you finish re-writing the program, please let us know.

Once again, thanks a lot.