THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Need help with Inhalation Sensation

It happens when your stomach is locked and you are supporting ... instead of thinking about overblowing air , think about how you hold your breath under water. It feels like you are holding your breath or inhaling and u are infact exhaling. Dont grunt or lock your throat. It should be relaxed as if u are taking air when you are singing.

Oh! Thanks Val! Now I got it :D
Btw, now I'm doing the falsetto slide #1, but every time I do, I strain my throat. Can you tell me what am I doing wrong?
(And also, how do you use this "Notify me by email..."?)

i just went around the forum to read about this PTD thing for singers. i'm very interested to have this. can it be shipped to singapore?? i would love to have one.

just to find out more, are there any other devices like this? this is the first i've heard of a breathing trainin device.. i saw expand a lung and powerlung. which one is geared more to singers?

THANKS!

aliz
i just went around the forum to read about this PTD thing for singers. i'm very interested to have this. can it be shipped to singapore?? i would love to have one.

just to find out more, are there any other devices like this? this is the first i've heard of a breathing trainin device.. i saw expand a lung and powerlung. which one is geared more to singers?

THANKS!

The PTD-1 is the only one geared toward singers, and Jaime uses one himself.

The Expand-A-Lung comes with instructions that, if followed as they suggest, can actually cause micro-trauma to the interior lining of your lungs. The idea is not to "expand" your lungs and anyone attempting to do so risks damaging their lungs. because the Expand-A-Lung is roughly twice as long as the PTD-1, it is also heavier, which makes it a bit more uncomfortable to hold in your mouth. The Powerlung that I have, you actually have to hold in your hands due to the weight.(I have an older version of it, I know they revamped the line, but I am not sure how heavy the newer models are. I have essentially bought every one of these that is on the market including the first I had ever seen, which was a medical device that these are all based on; I paid $150 for that in the early 90's, and customs wasn't sure that they wanted to let me have it because it was a medical device and I had no prescription or doctor's note telling me to buy it.

As far as I know, it can be shipped to Singapore. They have been shipped to India, Australia, Japan, etc. So I don't see why Singapore would be a problem.

Now, Does it really work?

This Mark Hurst.
He's been a friend of mine since I was around 17 years old. We used to sneak into the local bars to see bands when we were kids.
Mark is my third PTD-1 Endorser.
You tell me what you think.

Juggernaut-Lonely Traveler.

You'll be hearing more from these guys.

Evidently, Queensryche's management (Isn't that Geoff Tate's wife?)is currently threatening to sue them for some copyright infringement (somebody posted a high quality video of Juggernaut on YouTube doing a Queensryche song at a local gig.) But that is just going to help them. It's not mark's fault he can sing QR songs better than Geoff Tate can these days.

Maybe Tate should start training again? After all, Mark just turned 43 and he does vocal training every day. Why? Because he wants to make it, and I seriously think he is going to do it. He's tenacious enough to go after it.

Tim

ok i'm sold. i just ordered it, it goes straight to the paypal page to pay.. u guys will get the address to send to right..?

That track kicked ass!

That track was amazing!! I can see why QR isn't pleased! I can't believe this guy is 43! I'm going to order one of those breath trainers!