THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Yet more covers

People are probably sick and tired of me posting Judas Priest covers... But have a couple more anyway... :-P

Any feedback would be great.

Re: Yet more covers

Good grief...... your voice is great! your victim of changes cover is awesome and you even kicked rob halford´s butt with your into the pit cover.
Great work!

Your high head tones are crystal, brother. Very cool! Some of your higher chestier belts sound a little bit unconfident phrasing wise especially when you can hear Halford's masterful diction in the background. I think the thing you could work most on is just some accent improvements which obviously is a large task considering you're not a native English speaker.

Yeah, the belted sounding stuff is still quite hard for me, being just past what used to be my break, so I can't sing freely enough in that range to make it sound as clear as it needs to be. But at least it's an improvement from not being able to produce those notes at all... :-P

Rob's crystal clear enunciation is one of the things I love about his approach... There's still a lot of work to be done!

As for my accent, yeah, that's a sore point... My consonants sound quite Greek. I wouldn't mind eliminating it, especially considering I am permanently residing in England, but to be perfectly honest I wouldn't know where to start. I am a completely fluent speaker and what comes out of my mouth when I speak is just the way it is, I think it'd need professional support to get rid of bad habits that have been very well rooted over the past 20 years.

My previous attempt to sort out my accent, in my late teens, just resulted in the complete hybrid mess of an accent I have now... At least it makes a good conversation starter, I've only ever met two people that guessed where I'm actually from correctly... :-P