Return to Website

A Sand Grown 'Un's Forum

Chat about anything here. Main interests include cross stitch, returning to fitness, recipes and, of course, Morecambe.

A Sand Grown 'Un's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Walking for fitness

Working on it Lyn. I hope to have a page up soon with ideas for people trying to re-build their fitness, and consequently, reducing weight.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Could definitely do with something! Weighed myself this morning - far too much of me!!! Could do with losing about a third of my body weight to regain the weight level I maintained without effort in my twenties and thirties!

Replying to:

My short term goal, to start re-building my fitness, is to walk 10,000 steps a day. I include other forms of exercise and convert them to the equivelant in steps. I have been thinking of setting up some sort of group of like minded "returners to fitness"...anyone interested?

Re: Walking for fitness

walking brillient form of fitness i cant knock it (and wouldnt want to) at all, used to do a heck of alot of hiking, i dont know where people live but theyre are some really nice walks around, tarvin (in between winsford and chester, whitegate way in winsford is an old railway track unused now thats got a few great walks by it you can even get to various parts of delamere forest and a few old old bridges nice, and of course theyre is always the roman walls at chester if your after something with a little more people about, but still just as nice and many many walks leading to and from it, dont know weather this is an use to any of you or not as i only read frans message will come back and read the otehrs at another time, thanks fran xxxxxxxx tc all.

Replying to:

My short term goal, to start re-building my fitness, is to walk 10,000 steps a day. I include other forms of exercise and convert them to the equivelant in steps. I have been thinking of setting up some sort of group of like minded "returners to fitness"...anyone interested?