THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thank U Glass Smasher

Hey peeps & Glass Smasher,

Let me make this VERY CLEAR. This is NO suck post, it's NOT intended that way EVER!!! I feel compelled to write this. When real credit is due, I always give thanks & thanks is certainly in order. SOOooo

I really wanted to take the time and thank Jaime V for his gobsmacking book. Like many others on here, I've had a number of different teachers over the years, some have been helpful and others well, just down right WHAT THE'S. (Oh i don't even want to remember, cringe)

I read my RYV2 book every night/exercises everyday, (3rd day now;) Some of the exercises are new to me and others are not, but overall it's all working WELL together. I'm finding RYV2 is soo insightful, refreshing & inspiring covering soo many factors that i'd never consider. The amount of detail covered in RYV2 is its weight in gold. But most of all, Jaime is REAL & unselfish with it!
I also luv how other teachers & rock stars are incorporated in it. Amazing vocalists I didn't know of, ie Miles Kennedy, WOW he is amazing.
BUT wait...ahuh still more........
The Forum......help for us to ask questions. I mean peeps, seriously, THAT just amazes me and makes me truly grateful!

So, Thank You Jaime for helping not only me but all of us struggling vocalists out, and bit by bit restoring our faith in the gift of singing.

U know i'll have questions on stuff, but hey, that's what its all about. haha YESSIIRAHH

JAIME VENDERA...U ROCK, GLASS SMASHER

p.s
hopefully not too much longer til the release of your book with Harnell

Rock Out

Re: Thank U Glass Smasher

oOoopppsO

I meant Myles kennedy

Cool feedback! I'm sure Jaime will appreciate. I think you should copy your review on the Amazon website; other people might enjoy reading that!

Myles Kennedy is my favorite vocalist. Check Alter Bridge's Blackbird

yeah the membership thing is great. find people that have the same problems and ambitions as you and share your thoughts. its also awesome that jaime himself is an active member

Oh... and I forgot; read my interview with Myles Kennedy here:
http://www.thevoiceconnection.com/myleskennedyi.html

Val

I appreciate the respect but if you really want to pay me some honor, then bust your butt practicing, record a killer demo and put it out there for all the world to hear;)

Very cool interview with Myles K by Jaime & Valerie. Always find the interviews so interesting and it's cool to sit there and go, hey I can relate to what HE/SHE is saying, so Inspiring :) For shizzle i'll post this on amazon, just have to buy something on there first.
I'm working hard, i used to walk but it just wasnt cutting it, ive started jogging, following a healthier diet, water and juice, not much sugar, chocolate is the killer, but i have even cut that out, RYV2 book vocal exerises & song writing, i'm workin it hard YESSSIR
Thanks heapz Jaime :)

I love it in the book when Jim Gillette goes "if you have a sweet tooth then juice carrots and apples. It's very delicious" I though that was funny, in a ohh darn it, it's not chocolate Jim hahaha

I got the same problem Rock Out. I cut out soda and stuff like that, but lately my addiction to chocolate shakes has become more apparent. I swear, there need to be rehabs for singers specifically to get them off of unhealthy vocal diets.

You don't need to be TOO picky, you can have anything every so often. Just don't overdo anything.

I'm sure someone is going to go against this. But what fun is it in being overly picky? I love coffee and i'm never going to quit it unless I get bored of drinking it.
I just drink it moderately.