THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
For RYV users II

Hey, I just erased the other post because Jordan felt I was bashing Martin and CVI. I was in no way doing that but for the feel of my post I apologize. Jordan, you are a part of this family so no hard feelings;)All I want to say is that I believe in all of you and ope you find your path vocally. Just watch the blocks in the road along the way.

Re: For RYV users II

i dont think it was really bashing him. it just lets people know that they should pick pretty carefully who they take advice from

and thats something i find in my profession all the time as well (people giving advice that shouldn't be)

Eric has a point; especially on the Internet, it's really hard to know who you're dealing with...

I never found Martin any more useful than Kobb Knobbler.

The fact that he was constantly arguing against RYV and wasn't as strong of a singer as Jaime is isn't bashing him, its stating a fact. Know it alls will always be second best to do it alls. I have a question I ask to anyone who ever gets too technical to me with voice. "But can you do it".

Is it the vocal folds adducting, is it some thyroid muscle, or is it a freaking F# in the 5th octave? More often than the first 2, if you hear a note, people are going to say the note is what they hear, not what is causing the note to be hit. Use whatever helps you hit the note without it hurting your throat, keep the visualization, keep the sensations, and sing. Thats it.

Also saying on the thing about people just notice the note....a lot of the stuff teachers attack you about isn't really anything anyone will notice, but something that will just save your voice. A lot of things you learn in lessons, are teeny things sound wise, but major with saving your voice.