THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
From the folks who brought you CST for Singers...

Hey Folks,

My name is Ryan Murdock. I contributed one of the sections on excercise and wellness to the latest edition of Raise Your Voice. Jaime asked me to post the copy and link for my latest project over here because he felt it would be of use to his readers.

Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,
Ryan

Beyond Pushups

While gross motor movements like pushups are great for General Physical Preparedness (GPP), if you want to take your athleticism to the next level you must sophisticate your training. Join Coach Murdock as he takes apart this seemingly simple exercise and cranks out variations that you never thought possible.

Real World Strength

The exercise progression in this web tutorial will give you:

* functional upper body strength and stamina
* phenomenal levels of wrist strength
* greater ability to transfer force through the upper body architecture
* sport specific performance enhancement for athletics, martial arts, and contact sports
* thicker wrists, stronger shoulders and arms, and a more shapely chest
* a creative and intense way to train without equipment and with little space

Coach Murdock is known among the RMAX Faculty for his freakish levels of wrist strength. In this video tutorial he reveals how he built it, and he presents movements that leave even Coach Sonnon shaking his head with disbelief.

You’ve gotta try it to believe it!!!

These are some of the very same movements that Coach Murdock takes with him on the road when he has limited training space and no access to equipment. That wrist strength has saved his ass on more occasions than he can count – while dragging reluctant camels down a precipitous rocky gorge in Arabia, when hauling himself to safety on the windswept sea cliffs of Donegal, and in several more incidents that he’s not at liberty to discuss on a public forum.

If it’s real world strength you’re after, you’ve come to the right place. These movements have been tested in some of the world’s most unforgiving regions.

Plug These Into Any Type of Training Cycle!

For those of you who are already immersed in Circular Strength Training®, you can plug any of these movements into other CST programs – things like 4x7 cycles, Coach Sonnon’s metabolic conditioning (metcon) circuits, or Density Cycles. Just be sure to follow Coach Murdock’s progression first so that you build the necessary base of strength to ensure injury-free training.

One Click Ordering and Immediate Downloads – Start Training Today!

Get your copy now for this two week introductory offer of just $7!!! After June 14th the price will increase to $10.

All downloads are in mpeg-1 format and are compatible with most video players.

Please visit the Products page of Coach Murdock’s website to download your copy of this video tutorial today. http://www.rmaxstaff.com/murdock/products.html

"I’ve been doing push ups since I was 4 and I thought I’d seen every type in the world, but I learned something new the day I watched this." Joseph Wilson, RMAX Faculty Coach, multiple time International Martial Art Hall of Fame inductee, professional law enforcement officer.

Re: From the folks who brought you CST for Singers...

I should also add that the exercises presented in this tutorial are excellent for those recovering from rsi and carpal tunnel problems because they strengthen the wrist in all possible ranges. Just be sure that you've alleviated your condition with joint mobility and compensatory movements before moving on to this sort of strengthening regime.

We'll have a comprehensive article on recovering from carpal tunnel in the next issue of RMAX Magazine. Look for it online near the end of June.

Thanks for posting! I'll look into it

Everyone should really check out Ryan's stuff. He is AMAZING at training people to build muscle and flexibility. He also helped me build vocal-flow.com and he is currently creating the VocalFlow cardio/yoga system for singers!

Thank you amigos.

I've just uploaded a couple teasers to youtube so you can get a sense of what the program looks like. But don't be put off by these - this isn't the beginning level stuff. It IS accessible to anyone.