THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Original Stuff

Hey there guysssss.

My mom records random video's of me at the open mic I host. If you live in the area, come and stop by ;) Its called J.beaners in Amherst NH.

But here is a youtube video of one of my originals I did a week or so ago. Not my best, but w/e ;) You can leave comments on my voice if you want, although I probably already recognized all of the mistakes I made haha.

And if the embed didn't work, here is the link.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MRM3QVDfIQQ

--
Andrew

Re: Original Stuff

Here is a video of my friend singing a State Radio song while I play some geetah. He has no idea i'm posting this here, but feel free to comment on his voice ;) He's never had a singing lesson EVER.

Woops forgot link

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qh7bskumg8o&feature=related

Hey Andrew! Good job on your song. It's not easy to sing an orignal in front of a handful of friends and perhaps strangers!

There were a few pitch problems all over but mostly in your lower register. I looks like it (partly)might have something to do with your support and the way you're sitting on that bench. Don't sit on your tail bone; bring your back forward a little so your back is straight and your ribs don't collapse after you inhale. You can still do the power push while sitting and on lower notes. Always apply a little bit of the power push while you sing. Just enough to attack the notes and support the voice properly. Sitting on the tip of the bench might help as well or simply sing/play standing up.

Your voice has a pleasant tone and that song was nice :) Cool guitar playing as well. Keep it up!

haha actually I find it very easy to play originals in front of people. So far the most is 400. And i've done that twice, and doing it again this year. Its a fair that I play at. This year i'm getting paid 300 for 2 hours, woot!.

Yeah I generally sing worse when I have a guitar on me. Probably because of posture when i'm sitting, and the guitar makes it seem like its harder to focus on breathing when i'm standing. Also when I start doing both at once I can't focus on each as much.

Thanks for the tips, i'll try them as soon as I can.

What a great opportunity! Good luck