THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment

I just purchased Jaime's book and wanted to say a quick hello to everyone here. A couple of sentences about me: I live in Bangalore, India, sing and play guitar, and am into progressive rock for the most part. My favourite singers are Daniel Gildenlow (Pain of Salvation), Jeff Buckley, Joe Lynn Turner and Geoff Tate.

Looking forward to participating in the discussions here and learning as much as I can. Cheers!!

Re: new member

Welcome to the hole!

Few things

1. Geoff Tate rules
2. Congratz on making a great purchase
3. I like to make lists

Enjoy your stay, please keep all limbs inside the ride at all times.

Thank you Jay. Geoff Tate does indeed rule and I was fortunate enough to catch Queensryche live late last year. Now I can die happier.

Everyone on these forums are so lucky. Someone saw Priest a while ago, Maiden more recently has been seen, you've seen Queensryche, all i've seen was Ozzy Osbourne on an off night at the very end of Ozfest after enduring several hours of hardcore bands. Don't get me wrong, Ozzy is the reason I became a musician in the first place, but the circumstances were not good.

If you live in the United States, there's no reason you shouldn't have seen them by now! I was in New York City for just two months last year and I managed to see Queensryche, Dream Theater, Heaven and Hell, Epica, Edguy and Alice Cooper, not to mention tons of jazz musicians, including Mike Stern.

I live in Nebraska. We don't get many big names here. Plus i'm broke. Have been broke most of my life, so haven't always had the option of springing for concert tickets. Not trying to give you any sob stories, cause I love my life, wouldn't trade it for anyones, just saying if I want to go to a concert of a band I like it usually requires 8 or more hours in a car and sometimes over $100 per ticket, and I hate going anywhere by myself.

Welcome!

Welcome:) Make sure you download the audio and video from the Members section;)

Jaime Vendera

"""Everyone on these forums are so lucky. Someone saw Priest a while ago, Maiden more recently has been seen, you've seen Queensryche, all i've seen was Ozzy Osbourne on an off night at the very end of Ozfest after enduring several hours of hardcore bands. Don't get me wrong, Ozzy is the reason I became a musician in the first place, but the circumstances were not good."""

And I met 3/5 members of Dream Theater :D

I met all of Dream Theater before and just hung out with Labrie a few weeks ago;)

I carry James labries and 3/5 of the bands unborn babies!

Thats why Jaime says to stay away from alcohol!

That will be the most talented baby in the world though.

you are just jealous!But you are right the kid will probably inherit my flawless talent and stunning good looks.

I am not Jealous. Well maybe, which members did you sleep with? Wait, no. NO! AHH!

haven't met Labrie yet. I'll have to attempt to get backstage at the next show of theirs I go to haha. I'll tell them i'm you, and see if it works haha.

I've been to Ravi Shankar's house...does it count for much on this forum? :)

Anyway, thank you all for the warm welcome