THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need some karaoke tracks

Hey I need som backing tracks for a few songs I will be singing for my seminar series. If anyone has these or knows where I can order one CD with just these songs, I would really appreciate it. Here they are:

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You-Led Zeppelin
Immigrant song-Led Zeppelin
Stand Up and Shout-Steel Dragon/Rock Star movie
Blood Pollution-Steel Dragin/Rock Star movie
Here Without You-Three Dors Down
Riding on the Wind-Judas Priest
Bright Lights-Matchbox 20
She's Gone-Steelheart
Sheila-Steelheart

Any leads would be awesome!

Re: I need some karaoke tracks

sorry I can't help...but you should record it when you sing them. I've never heard you sing actual songs haha. Just exercises and notes some girls probally can't even hit haha.

But yeah you should post em on here ;)

I've had good luck finding karaoke on iTunes so you may want to try there first. The songs are only $.99 to download and they seem to have most of what I've looked for. I do get a little annoyed with karaoke tracks, though, as some of them are often really crappy reproductions of the original music.

I'm not at my home PC at the moment but I'll do a search on iTunes for you and let you know if the stuff you want is on there.

Jaime, use this for your search:

www.vanbasco.com

You can download a karaoke player for free and project the lyrics on a screen for your seminar You can fine tune the song adjusting the pitch and speed of the track. It's amazing!

Their search engine also searches through the whole woldwide web for tracks so you will find several versions and you can choose the best sounding ones.

Good luck!

i dont have those exact songs but i have a bunch that you might also use (and can send copies but without the graphics) to ya. they are all on cdg and the instruments actually sound like they were performed by a band. on a personal note i think queen of the ryche, green manalishi (with the outro), and you got another thing comin would be great picks to show what you are capable of. so with no further adieu here is the list:

Knocking At Your Back Door Deep Purple
Over The Mountain Ozzy Osbourne
Last In Line, The Dio
Zoo, The Scorpions
Ace Of Spades Motorhead
Queen Of The Reich Queensryche
Lay Your Hands On Me Bon Jovi
Green Manalishi Judas Priest
Du Hast Rammstein
Hey Man Nice Shot Filter
Smooth Up In Ya Bulletboys
Fade To Black Metallica
Mob Rules, The Black Sabbath
Used To Love Her Guns N Roses
She Sells Sanctuary Cult
Symphony Of Destruction Megadeth
Enter Sandman Metallica
Back In Black AC/DC
Iron Man Black Sabbath
Photograph Def Leppard
Run To The Hills Iron Maiden
Sweet Child O' Mine Guns N' Roses
You've Got Another Thing Comin' Judas Priest
Burning Like A Flame Dokken
Silent Lucidity Queensryche
Dr. Feelgood Motley Crue
18 And Life Skid Row
Crazy Train Ozzy Osbourne
*** On Feel The Noize Quiet Riot
Rock You Like A Hurricane Scorpions
Welcome To The Jungle Guns / Roses
Paradise City Guns / Roses
November Rain Guns / Roses
Since I Don't Have You Guns / Roses
Knocking On Heaven's Door Guns / Roses
You Could Be Mine Guns / Roses
Patience Guns / Roses
Sweet Child Of Mine Guns / Roses
Smoking In The Boys Room Motley Crue
Welcome To The Jungle Guns / Roses
Paradise City Guns / Roses
November Rain Guns / Roses
Since I Don't Have You Guns / Roses
Knocking On Heaven's Door Guns / Roses
You Could Be Mine Guns / Roses
Patience Guns / Roses
Sweet Child Of Mine Guns / Roses
Smoking In The Boys Room Motley Crue

Back In Black
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Hello Hello
It’s A Long Way To The Top
Moneytalks
Problem Child
Stiff Upper Lip
You Shook Me
You Shook Me All Night Long by acdc

ron Man Ozzy/Black Sabbath 1
Ozzy/Black Sabbath - Paranoid (Karaoke Music)
Ozzy/Black Sabbath - Mama I'm Comin' Home (Karaoke Music)
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train (Karaoke Music)
Ozzy & Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
Ozzy Osbourne - Bark At The Moon (Karaoke Music)
Ozzy Osbourne - War Pigs (Karaoke Music)
Ozzy Osbourne - No More Tears (Karaoke Music) 8
Ozzy Osbourne - Shot In The Dark (Karaoke Music) Shot In The Dark Ozzy Osbourne

Dream On Aerosmith
Sweet Emotion Aerosmith
Walk This Way Aerosmith
The Other Side Aerosmith
Angel Aerosmith
Dude Aerosmith
Same Old Song And Dance Aerosmith
Crazy Aerosmith
Rag Doll Aerosmith
Dream On Aerosmith
Sweet Emotion Aerosmith
Walk This Way Aerosmith
The Other Side Aerosmith
Angel Aerosmith
Dude Aerosmith
Same Old Song And Dance Aerosmith
Crazy Aerosmith
Rag Doll Aerosmith

i have more too but they go outside that style

Wow, great collection, mossman!

I can't wait to hear the Steelheart stuff, Jaime. I'm afraid I can't help with the karaoke tracks. But if by "leads" you meant "guitar leads" I can definitely help out :D So if you're planning on making the karaoke tracks from scratch, I've got the equipment and the skills to donate any guitar stuff you might need!

hehe

im half Filipino and a metal head so metal songs and karaoke are in my blood

Hey favourite coach, found this for you :

Led Zeppelin :

http://www.virginmega.fr/musique/album/compilation-karaoke-karaoke-led-zeppelin-vol-1-101245360,page1.htm

3 doors down - Here without you :

http://www.karaoke-version.com/en/mp3-backingtrack/3-doors-down/here-without-you.html

... are these songs for you or for your students ? Just curious

Love,

Mag

heh i looked that up and they have all of their samples for the zep songs out of order. sounds good otherwise though.

Hey Jaime,

There's a free sound editor program called Audacity that you can use and practically turn original songs into karaoke-like recordings. It all depends on how they were originally recorded. You can use the program to eliminate the vocals. Here's the link to the program if you're interested:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

and here's a link to instructions on how to use Audacity to remove vocals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqXiKYG3J7M

Thanks; that could come in handy

It keeps all the reverb and echo of the vocal tracks though. Still, your voice cuts through more.

what about that version of Imigrant Song.. I made you..i got greatlive bass and drums down for it, if you want to get the guitars added ? i can do that if u like.
or was it too high for you matey ? heheheheee
let me know if you want it..

speak soon

vince.