THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
When using getsigned.com

Don't make the same mistake I made. Always pay extra for faster shipping, and I find myself waiting nearly 2 WEEKS! for 2 of the things i've ordered.

Only good news is I got my vocal power DVD/CD combo on saturday, and my advice to anyone who doesn't have it, get it. The scale CD it came with is great, You can use them to warm up with, and use them for the exercises described on the DVD. If you're like me and can't play scales and sing them at the same time, its a great buy. Plus, the live footage of Jim Gillette's screams are sweet. Made me wish there was a live nitro DVD.

Re: When using getsigned.com

I have the same thing with Jaime's site here.

Anytime I order stuff it takes always over a week. At least when it FINALLY gets here, i'm generally so pumped to use it, I practice more haha.

Express mail is my friend. I'd like to think I will practice the same no matter when I get it. I'm building up on stuff to practice with. Right now I have RYV and Vocal power, oh and the UBW. Between those 3 I have a pretty good practice routine. UBW-Vocal Stress release-RYV exercises-Vocal Power exercises. Still waiting on the other stuff though. I want to have so many things to practice that I can do 3 hours worth without having to repeat the same thing. Of course, i'm not overworking my voice, when I begin to feel fatigued or anything like that, I stop for a while, then redo the vocal stress release when I feel ready to start again. Typically I do RYV exercises and the Vocal Power scales separately. Its kinda like having 2 vocal workouts, but I wouldn't mind having 3 or 4.

We don't offer express shipping because my printing company prints per order. So if you order it today doesn't necessarily mean it will ship tomorrow. That is up to the printing process;)

To make this point even more clear:

I'm STILL waiting on one of the 3 things I ordered from getsigned. It'll be a full month this weekend. It said it was in stock. Even without paying extra for shipping, this is practically unacceptable. *rant over*

I'm still waiting for my VAM D:
I have bad luck with Jaime's shipping system haha.

Nope I was going to email you.The main guy from VAM was on vacation and didn't get my email. They ususally send them out. I actually had a box of 10 for my next seminar so when he emailed me from vacation, I ran out and mailed one of mine to you. Sorry:( It should be there anytime though.

No problem Jaime, thanks.
I was starting to get worried that it got lost in the mail haha.

Jay Sin, email me and I will froward to getsigned

Jaime, I don't think I know your email.

Mine is unknown_ozzy_fan@hotmail.com

Yesterday marks a month since I ordered the stuff and still haven't gotten the last item.

venderaj@msn.com