THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
stamina..when the going gets tough.

Hello all,

December is my crazy busy gigging month...so this last xmas, i was ready in novemebr,plenty of trips to the gym and lots of lip bubbles.

i started a run of 30 gigs, some days doing two gigs ... ( thats loading 2-4 k of pa and equipment myself and driving to venue and uploading and setting up etc etc doing 3 x 30-45 mins spots of singing then loading down and back in to van ).
i was halfway through and managed to catch a terrible flu like bug(blocked nose and head). i mananged to keep it in check with sudafed decongestant....still managed the gigs..heheee.
around day 20 i got a really bad throat(bit of white bacterea/infection on back of throat..so i went crazy on the garlic for 2 days and drove it out of myself...
Day 22 i got out of bed and felt a bit better,still stuffy and a little sore but not bad... great ! then as i was coming down my stairs... i fell ! 3/4 of the way down on my back and ribs,smashed my head at bottom and really hurt myself ... i took me 2o mins to get up...( it was very very difficult singing when it hurts to expand your ribs).. the next day it hurt even more ! .. i was explaining to my wife the next day why i was a little bit in pain etc etc and she said .... theres nothing more could go wrong for you now is there ? and 2 mins later i was vomiting with some crazy sickness thats was going around at xmas ! i was in total meltdown ! all holes were blocked..hehehe.

and you know what JAMIE ?

STARANGE THING IS I NEVER MISSED A NOTE( OR GIG) ... I SANG QUITE WELL MOST GIGS..EVEN THE DAYTIME ONES..
IT PROVES WITHOUT ANY DOUBT ! THAT ALL THIS WORKS !

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.

p.s. my ribs and back still hurt now .. hehee.

Re: stamina..when the going gets tough.

You sir, have just told the most unfortunate story I have ever heard about any vocalist that still had a happy ending. This has made my day. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Vince is my brutha from the UK. And he had a happy endiong because he is the ROCKY of singers. This guy is what you want to be as a vocalist. He IS a singer, that's what he does every day of his life!!!

YO BRO !

Jamie,you speak way to kindly of my talents,im just a poor starving old muso trying to pay the bills,and feed the family.
Im still in training,i hav,nt stopped learning yet,i just wish that one day i could get to be completely happy with my voice, i think maybe another 5 years and i will be half-way there.

happy new year

vince