THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is working in a Fridge detrimental for the Voice?

Hi all,

I work in a fridge and have been doing so for about 17 years now. I work 40 hours a week and I was wondering would that have an effect on my voice?

I was thinking maybe it is unwise to sing while in the fridge but other than that is it generally ok? I can feel the cold hit my throat every time I breathe in so I thought it might be hazardous to sing in those conditions but other than that I'm not sure if it has long term effects.

I sometimes work in a freezer but I avoid that part of my job whenever I can hehe.

Re: Is working in a Fridge detrimental for the Voice?

I used to work construction. I always kept a hat with a face cover to cover my nose and mouth on. You want to keep the cold air from hitting the throat if possible. I have had to sing in the cold and even shatter glasses at events where it was below freezing, but before and after I made sure to keep my face covered up;)Just find you a good mask that has a little room ans sing away:)

Haha thanks Jaime. Would I be more susceptible to getting a sore throat or something like that from working in a fridge do you think? Or if I already had a cold or something would working in a fridge necessarily make it worse for me?

Lovin' RYV 2nd ED by the way. I'm learning way too much hehe. Is there any way I can purchase the eBook as a gift for a friend so that it gets sent to his email address with all the details and not my PayPal email address? Or should I just forward the email to him when it comes in?

You can purchase the ebook and put in the notes in ALL CAPS "I'VE SPOKEN TO JAIME AND REQUESTED THAT THIS EBOOK BE SENT TO......"

Thanks Jaime. I purchased the eBook for my friend using the ALL CAPS note with his email address. Hopefully he gets it.

Also breathe by your nose to warm up the air before it goes down your throat.