THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Updates

Elizabeth Sabine's new site JUST launched although it is in the creation process and will change over the next month. You can check it out at www.elizabethsabine.net.

I just did my 8th television show; my 2nd one for Japan. Had to film the last two Friday's First Friday I sang two songs, taught voice, did an interview and shattered a glass. This past Friday I shattered 5 glasses in a row, bringing my pure voice total to 93.

Seeking a publisher for the book I've wrotten with Tony Harnell. So hopefully we'll know something early in 08.

As far as the Study group goes, we can start next week. I really kind of need a leader because I am so swamped. We can all ready Chapter #1 and post some questions to make us all think. Maybe I will go ahead and put up the 1st Chapter post tomorrow and get us started;)

Have a Happy New Year,

JV

Re: Updates

PS-This is really bizarre. I had to see my lowest note and highest note on a piano today for the Japan show. I hit C1 (the lowest C) and a C8 (the highest C) making 7 complete octaves! DOn't think I could do it every day, must've been my lucky day;)

7 octave range? Is there any song you CAN'T sing?!

Yeah lots of them! Just because you can hit notes, doesn't make you great at singing all songs;) This was just a fluke today, haha. I suck at LOTS of songs. There are different tonalities that don't suit my voice and I am sure a lot of my students are better singers than me:)

Jaime... still waiting on my interview to be posted haha

Congrats with the TV show though; wish I could had done it. Be sure to post a link to it whenever its made available.

As far as Elizabeth, how different is the information in the mp3s and movie from whats in her book? Is it the same kind of stuff elaborated or are there a lot more exercises in the mp3s and video?

It's all the same in the book, just a little more detailed;) I know I need to get the interview up. I'll get on it!

Austin,

You're gonna kill me. I was playing around with me email via my phone and screwed up and erased about 100 messages. So I am sweating a lot of stuff right now. One of thise messages was the interview. If you can send it to me today, I'll get it to my webmaster today!

No problem, just sent it

Where can one buy the book by Elizabeth?

Did you get my reply with the picture? Im not sure if it attached correctly or not...

Got the update and immediatley sent everything to Molly so she should be uploading it soon. Martin, Elizabeth just called me yesterday. We just launched her new site Elizabethsabine.net and I had her go through it so we can change it to her specifications. I am waiting on some pictures from her to put in thw book and design the book cover, then we'll release it. Hopefully within the next 6-8 weeks;)

Great news Jaime! I looking forwar to watch that t.v show you just did and hear you actually sing a song Please let us know when it will be available somewhere...

Happy New Year to you too (sorry for the late replay, I'm in L.A. surfing the net for the 1st time in a week!!).