THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I LOVE my high range... Y hate my mid range... I am AMAZED by my low range :O

Well solife goes on and I've been trying to at least do some sirens and warm ups thorugh the day, and I realized this:

From g2 to g3: sounds pretty good!
g3 to to g4: oh my god it sounds crappy
a4 to e5: Pretty useful sound!

the thing is, that everything from g3 to g4 HURTS and sounds shitty, I have to sing softly in that area and it sounds reeally bad....

SO... i'll try to post somethin soon, but i noticed jp was talking about something like this before so. while I find time to do that it would be great if anyone cares to share his/her findings in the area

THX!

PS:(OH we won the debate!! :) my voice sucked and I had to speak extra carefully, which kinda sucked and almost killed us xD)

Re: I LOVE my high range... Y hate my mid range... I am AMAZED by my low range :O

please put some MP3 for us to listen

the low range is maybe nore natural for you, if you are more a barytone than a tenor that is my case.
the highest like E are head voice or chest?

We share some difficluties bro.

now i'm realising one thing about tenors, barytones and those things:

it's easier for the tenors to learn to sing without tension in the range D4-G4. But some are dying to get the deep notes of the baryton. for the really high notes it seems that the difference is not that much.

I can hit some high C ( not saying it was beautiful) while some tenor don't (heu some novice like me)

i think the hardest part is really middle voice..... i 'll love to get a F4-F#4 on every sound without having to sing louder and without straining. and sometimes it's strange depending on the song, my break is one time at d#4 sometimes E4 sometimes F4 and even F#4. just because the song is not the same. it's really embarrasing, because for me it is jut saying that for the moment i don't sing with my really own voice. so it's not that cool....... does it happen to you xavier?

Re: I LOVE my high range... Y hate my mid range... I am AMAZED by my low range :O

While I have never really recognized a break in my voice, I can say that we do have the same problem in that area, coz I feel the urge to sing loud and it hurts... but when I sing above that g4, the sound gets more compressed and it is pretty cool.

I envy the rock tenors' mid range a loooooot hahaha... Bruce dickinson's is amazing... tony kakko's is awesome.... mine is more on the sucky side of things and it doesn't sound like it is something that I can change... which freaking sucks... i dunno

aaaaaaaa i'll post the freaking mp3 when I have tiiiimeee :( I'm having a hard time preparing for the selection

this suuucks xD