THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
transcending tone

hey friends i just started practicing the transcending tone exercise. i figured i could record it and you guys could constructively criticize me so i can make sure im doin it right. appreciate it much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVoPm1lWEyI

Re: transcending tone

Sounds great to me! Let's see what Jaime says.

Sound good to me! Thats the way it sounds when I do it.

Can you do it again and face the camera for me. Maybe try a few different notes. THought you did it and it sounded clean but that little vocal bark at the end might be a sign you was still hanging on to falsetto. Turn towards the camera, let me hear a couple different ones and if I like it, which I'm sure I will, I might ask you if I can post it under the new VOICE CONNECTION youtube link I am going to build. In fact, if any of you do kickass versions of the exercises, we'll put them up, along with great videos of rehearsals or gigs. If you use the RYV system, it's time to show the world what you can do;) So, help me build the youtube site...And let me hear you again mossman so I can make sure you are doing it right...If you weren't you were pretty damn close;)

JV

hey thanks for all the feedback guys.

Jaime I will be sure to do that. I actually posted it under a heading that would make it near impossible to find because I wanted to respect your wish to keep the exercises private. notice the tag is a } and so is the title. If you wish though I could name it something else. I havent done any other versions of it since I just started but as I start to feel more comfortable I will. Ill post the link once I make another video of it. Appreciate it everbody

here is a video of me doing the transcending tone exercise again today this time facing the camera. it seemed harder for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg2WSIuBk6E

The only thing that bothered me was how your veins started popping out as you changed from falsetto to head... TYPICALLY, and this doesn't mean all of the time, but -typically- I've found that people's veins only pop out as fast and drastically as yours did when they're straining.

hmm yer right i did notice that after u said it. i did seem to have a harder time doin it today then i did yesterday for whatever reason so ill give it another shot tomorow and maybe, hopefully that wont happen again.

here is part 3 i know that i messed up on the 3rd one i think it was

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwg2KE2563U