THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vocal Acoustic Monitor

Seriously Jaime, when are these damn things coming out? There isn't squat about them on the net. When can we expect to be able to purchase them and what's a good ballpark estimate of their price? Thanks.

Re: Vocal Acoustic Monitor

I've seen something like this once, but applied to horns. It was when I saw Tower of Power live. The trumpet players had a piece of acrylic attached to the horn and placed behind the mic (which was also attached to the horn) It looked kind of funny, but I'm sure it reflected a lot of sound back to the players

I'm not sure when they will be out, but i've had the oppurtunity to use one and I love it. I think a really great use for these would be for people singing in bands. Between sets or even during guitar solos (this would be really good for James LaBrie) you can sing exercises or do lip trills into it and hear yourself perfectly. That way, you can keep your voice loose while the show is still going on, and still be able to hear everything perfectly since its amplified right into your ear, so no blowing out trying to compete with the amplified instruments.

I am actually working for the company now. The are trying to have an official release by the enbd of June. They will be feautured at the july NAMM with a ig cardboard cutout of me that says "Don't Jam Without Your VAM!" When the product is released, you will be very pleased with the involvement on my behalf that is VERY noticeable with every purchase of a VAM.

JV

Metalsinger! Wow, glad to see an underground movement by you already with expressing your interest in the vocal acoustic monitor. Let me tell you, there are many complicated and costly steps to make this launch a successful one. First and foremost it has to do with the product. I made some last minute changes to the product last month; just when I though I was ready to launch it. The wait will be worth it for all of us. The look the feel and the function will be absolutely awesome. You may visit www.vamacoustics.com anytime to see a very basic website describing it a little. The launch and purchasability will be around June 30th 2007. I am striving to keep costs low around $24.99 for the clear unit and $29.999 for the graphical units. The "bass enhancer" strangely enough costs more to make than the actual Base unit at a cost of around $26.00. The bass enhancer is an insert able cartridge that will give off a bass effect to your voice when you are using it without a mic. Hand held you can use it with or without the bass enhancer.
Bass enhancer is great for those like me that have to have it all; but for live performances or vocal training, warm ups, crazy garage band situations, or pro live the base unit is all you really need.

Thanks for the interest, looking forward to your testimonial to post on the official website.
Take care,
Byron

Thanks guys. That's the info I needed. I look forward to a cool product. Sounds like you're putting a lot of effort into making it good.