THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A speedy recovery when you are sick

Since I've been sick all week with a throat infection, I wanted to share what I did for a speedy recovery:

I've been pounding the water down by the hour. Well I always did this water thing in the past, because I don't take any medications when I am sick. I prefer the natural way of healing the body of ailments.

But anyway, here's what helps me. Every day this week, I would drink TWO, 16oz bottles of water in an hour, over a 12 hour period. And of course with that I was peeing, clear pee that is, every 20 minutes. So when I drank the water, I visualized the water grabbing all the sick cells from my head /nasal and sinus areas and quickly moving them down the esophagus. Then when I was peeing, I visualized all the sick cells leaving my body very quickly. And living in the bathroom over this 12 hour period kept this visual going non stop.

And you know I recently read that Lance Armstrong did a similar visualization when he was on chemo for the cancer he had. He said when he would throw up from the side effects from chemotherapy, he visualized all the cancer cells leaving his body. And also he said that when he peed or coughed or sneezed, he visualized the cancer cells leaving his body in those forms too. Of course we all know that those functions serve to rid the body of "debris" but to have the visualization behind it, helps tremendously.
And for those that don't know who Lance Armstrong is, he is the 6 or 7 time winner of the Tour de France. His story is incredible. It's in his book called "IT"S NOT ABOUT THE BIKE" and so is his visualization!!!

Re: A speedy recovery when you are sick

I just recently watched this positive thinking DVD everbody's been talking about called The Secret. I saw it on CNN late one night, then a couple of days later someone gave me a copy. The premise behind it is basically what you are talkin about. Visualize what you want. If you're sick, visualize being better, visualize the sickness coming out of you, and try to feel how you would feel if you were better. The same goes for ever anything else, visualize a better voice, try to feel that you already have a better voice. Visualize yourself getting 10,000$ this month, or getting a record deal, or getting a new car.

The thing that I found most interesting, is that a lot of the successful people have written quotes about this very thing. Einstein, Bell, Martin Luther King jr. Armstrong and many many more all talk about this...it's crazy.

Yeah, I just heard about The Secret too. It IS very interesting stuff. I haven't gotten the book or DVD though.

Jim Gillette taught me the techniques from the Secret before the Secret was ever out. The Secret is a great approach to thousands of years old techniques. Anyways, I wouldn't be where I am now without those techniques.

JV

Yeah I remember jaime you mentioned the secret in one of these posts somewhere.

Performance Success: Performing Your Best Under Pressure by Don Greene is a really good book for musicians. It's based on visualization or centering to help you achieve your best performance possible.

http://www.amazon.com/Performance-Success-Performing-Pressure-Theatre/dp/0878301224/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/002-0914319-6472822?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1175357783&sr=1-2

Theres the link. I used this book when I first started out because I had a pretty big performance that I was extremely nervous about because it was such a hard song (Dream On by Aerosmith), but after I read this and start really visualizing every aspect of the performance going well, I went out there without any nerves at all and everything came out exactly how I imagined it would. Theres another book called Power Performance for Singers which is basically the same thing but a lot more detailed so you could check into that too.

Thanks for sharing this, Nancy. I've also found that visualising certain things will help reach my goal.

I'm going to get that book

Austin,

You should revbiew those books for The Voice Connection.

Jaime V

The Secret seems like a good read. Is this the book you are describing:

http://www.amazon.ca/Secret-Rhonda-Byrne/dp/1582701709/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/701-1585458-2843549?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1175452491&sr=8-1

That's the book. Go to www.thesecret.tv. I own the book and DVD and I suggest getting both.

JV

Oh yeah, one more thing I forgot to mention for the speedy recovery...as soon as I feel the onset of a sore throat, I throw away my toothbrush and buy a new one, because all those germs are on the brush. Then after every use during the sick period, I pour about a cup of boiling hot water over the bristles. So this way it instantly gets rid of the germs.
Then when I'm finally better I buy another toothbrush to start from a clean slate.

yeah. when i was reading the mind section of ryv and
see the visualization trick.. i know that jaime know
that thing.

visit http://www.lawofattractionbook.com/
michael losier explains better if you didnt get
it in the movie the secret.