THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jaime breaking glass in Paris

Jaime once again ruled that night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwlJN_ZhQoM

the quality is bad, cause I recorded the show with my camera on the tv screen, haha

Enjoy !

Mag

Re: Jaime breaking glass in Paris

cool. Who was that guy you ran and hugged, Jaime?

Francis Lalanne, a french singer who also was invited at the show that night. Before Jaime started seriously, he came to him for fun and they tried to shatter the glass together.
You know how a child looks when he stands in front of Santa Klaus ? hehe... well he looked the same in front of Jaime, full of admiration for his talent.
That was cool to see ;)

That was great, haha. Thanks for taping it!

That was a fun watch! Your enthusiasm is contagious Jaime! Watching you get so excited after breaking the glass made me laugh

Magali, were you in the audience?

No, I was confortably lying in the sofa when it happened

Did I hear right when the host introduced Jaime as Remi Jaime Vendera?

I should have the full show within the next month and then we'll post that segment. Iy was a fun show. Wish they would've showed the glass I shattered during rehearsal. It was blown to smithereens. The glass from the live show, just fell apart out of boredom ;)

JV

Hey Jaime,

I bet the Guinness World Records would go for the idea of you breaking as many glasses as you can in a minute...or in five minutes...

I have just been asked to do a show to see how many I can break in like two minutes. I've broken 4 in less than 5 minutes, three right in a row sand two in less than two minutes. But, they are ususally harder to break than that, mainly because I choose the best wineglasses in the world and will not degrade my circus act (haha) by using thin glasses.

JV

So you were finally asked by the Guiness World Records organisation? That's awesome!!

No. But they are now taking notice. I was asked by another television show- Wanna Bet on ABC in America. But we will be resubmitting to Guiness soon.

JV

Ah, ok. Still cool though.

As promised Jaime, here is the translation of the show:

Host 1: He is the first singer to have been filmed breaking a glass using the only the strenght of his voice. For the first time in France, he will try tonight to do what?

Host 2 : Well, break a glass!

Host 1 : Can we welcome him perhaps? Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Remi Jaime Vendera. He’s wearing black glasses and you will soon find out why he’s wearing black glasses. It’s too avoid hurting his eyes when he breaks glass. Here he comes!

When Jaime says that he comes from Ohio, the host replies: “So it’s a state of surprises; it’s funny! It’s crazy when you think about it; coming from Ohio! (he might have meant: he came all the way from Ohio for this; I'm not sure!)

After Jaime hugs the host he congratulates him with: “It’s nice!”.

I didn’t quite get the next comment. I think he said: “O.k. so… When he wants to annoys someone he just goes: paf!”

Host: Now, we will watch the footage on slow motion to see that it really worked. Bravo!”

Jaime asks to remove his sun glasses and thanks the crowd. The end!