THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Participate in a discussion with America's Top Vocal Instructors

Be a part of the first discussion with the Voice Council from TC Helicon-

The round-table discussion on "Monitors & Monitoring" with Stewart McClellan will be on Wednesday the 21st at 11:00 PST / 2:00 EST.

Call into the number below and at 11:00 PST,
Stewart will be the "radio talk-show" host

TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED-

- Introductions of the council members.
- What does modern vocal pedagogy or technique mean to you? How do you define it?

- What is the most compelling advancement/innovation in voice technique today?

- What advice would you give to readers of voicecouncil.com regarding monitors and monitoring?

- Q&A from callers.
(last 30 minutes of event)

Est. Time: 60 minutes.

Council Members on this call will/may feature:

Jaime Vendera
Jeannie Deva
Melissa Cross
Breck Alan
Mary Beth Felker
Dena Murray
Jimi Zimmardi
Robert Lunte

Engineers/Producers Invited:

Jason Shavey
Dallen Beck- Jaime Vendera's Engineer
Dylan Dresdow

Council Members & Participants all call the same number:

Call in Number :403.232.0994
Participant Access Code : 23710#

Please note that the first 30 minutes will not allow participants to be heard. Once discussions are completed, the phone lines will be open for Q & A to all singers.

Please help us to promote this event, by sending out an email to all of your friends, students, clients and contacts... we need CALLERS!

Jaime Vendera

Re: Participate in a discussion with America's Top Vocal Instructors

Hey, I was curious how much does it cost to listen in?

Also is that this wed or an upcoming week?

Well, it says "Wednesday the 21st", meaning this upcoming wednesday.

I don't think it costs anything to call.

That sounds like fun! I won't be able to participate cause I will be at work but I'd love to hear it. I hope someone here will be able to record and post this online...

It is totally feel, except for your personal phone charges for long distance, if it applies. The recording will eventually be on www.voicecouncil.com.

JV

I will for sure be calling in.

Jaime, Why are their some voice council members speaking who aren't (acoording to the voice council website) members.... and do you know whats up with Lugo... he's pretty much disappeared from the face of the earth. I talked to him on the phone a couple of weeks ago, but since then haven't heard from him.

Those other coaches are up for participation with the council. Lugo is a great guy but hasn't been participating. Don't know what's yp with him.

jV

Will this be 2 EST in the morning (2am) or afternoon (2pm)?

2 PM tomorrow.

JV

Don't forget- It is today at 2 PM Eastern, 11 AM California time.

Is there a way to here this in the internet? Like a certain radio station?