THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Down with the sickness

No...not Disturbed. I am sick today and cannot sing at all. I hate it because I sing everyday and just can't do it today. I don't have strip throat but my throat is sore, a bit of a headache and muscle aches and I just feel awful.

Anyone have those days or so when you're sick and you're so use to practicing and singing, but can't do anything?

I think my voice needs a rest anyway.

Re: Down with the sickness

Rest is always good. Hope you feel better soon!

Yes I had a week where I wasn't sick, but my throat hurt when I swallowed. And I know why that was actually. But I figured that can't be good, so I rested the week and was fine. But man, I was itching to practice during that time. I practiced with hums only.

Got a whole section on it in RYV, Sad things is; if you don't take care of it at the very beginning, it is really tough to keep it from running it's course. It hgappened to me two months ago. I got lazy when I felt that tickle and didn't take care of business. Then I was sick for almost two weeks and had to do a television show during that time. Not a picnic, haha. Refer to the book though and you could lessen your down time. Voice RX is good too.

JV

I think that's pretty much what I did. I got lazy even though the symptoms were there. I went and refered to your book on that section and used some advice you gave in that section. Although I am feeling a little better today. But hope I get better by Wednesday for band practice.

Don't hope...See yourself better by Wednesday. See yourself at band practice doing an awesome job!!!
JV