THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vocal instructor Thomas Appell

Hello All,

I received "Can you sing a High C without Straining" for my bday and this book/program is awesome. His approach is almost identical to yours Jaime (You guys should talk). Only thing I noticed that was different, was that Thomas tells you after you take the diaphramic breath to squeeze the abdominal muscles to create the air pressure to sustain the tone, where as you use the power push (relieve pressure off the cords). What do you make of this?

Awesome CD's and book though. This book explains the voice soooo well and I finally understand what you mean by scale of 1-10. 1 being a breathy falsetto to 10 being full voice. .

Anyway, he charges $100 per hour and his studio is practically down the street from my house. Do you think this is a good deal?

Re: Vocal instructor Thomas Appell

Check this out:

http://www.thevoiceconnection.com/vocalcoach3.html

Thomas was one of my vocal coaches and he's already added a useful tip to Raise Your Voice 2. When you do the Power push, you are tightening the abdominals;only difference is that I want you to focus straight down. Thomas is an amazing teacher. You'd be crazy not to study with him.
JV

Wow that was a great interview!!! He was honored for exhibiting is integrity - go figure

I loved the interview and Thomas' book about never getting another cold again. I've telling everybody at school about this :)

Awesome interview. I will begin my lessons this week. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress.

I have 'Can you sing...' what I want to know is how come his voice is so dull and boring on the CD's? Is he just saving his voice or what?

LOL!! I was thinking the same thing. I was really sceptical at first. I even tried to ask for a discount in voice lessons. He sounds like his larynx is all the way down, all the time...maybe it was just a bad recording...but the exercises....especially the full voice excercise, worked great. I can really feel my cords zip up. I can zip my cords soo well now that I do the female part of the full voice exercises and am able to hit every pitch.