THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Does this happen to anyone?

I was wondering if anyone on this board ever experienced like a breathy tone as you appraoch your break point. On somedays I find that this area gets really breathy...and I don't really know why. So this happens on occasion...but last week I caught a cold and boy...it's breathy as all hell. Its like 50% the original volume and like 50% breath hiss. But the weird thing is: it only really occurs in my mixed voice...pure chest is fine and head voice is also very clear...This happens on a less dramatic level when I'm not sick as well...Whats going on?

Re: Does this happen to anyone?

Could be a variety of things from misuse to poor technique to lack of water. Two things-find a good coch and check your voice out. Heave an ENT run a scope down your throat. Iw as really sick when I did the Japan show and it was rough but I pulled through. Still, I have a personal ENT and he just put the scope down my throat last week. My lymphoids are a little swollen which is probably from the terrible infectio I caught, but the cords are in excellent shape. It is worth the money to be secure.

JV