THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Some shopping advice please :P

so ! even if I wrecked my voice last week (doing silly stuff with some friends.... no biggie, I just need 2 or 3 days of vocal rest) things ARE moving and my dad Is going to the US for some days ... and he is willing to spend some money on me :D... so I decided to add some more info into my stash.... and I wanted to ask what all of you think....

Should I buy :

1. The four pillars of Screaming by Robert Lunte: I think it looks very complete and should be some useful stuff as I advance on finding what works for me.

2. The zen of screaming: I'm sure there must be some useful stuff in there :P

My question is whether I should buy both or just one or I dunno... whatever ... thing is that I HAVE to use this opportunity Coz i'm not going there any time soon .....

aaa BTW consider that I do Own RYV and that I have expanded my range a bit, unluckily not much in falsetto stil hahaha but I will work up to it)...

AAA If any of you have any other recommended product please tell me :D

(my dad is flying on sunday sooo plz replyyyyyyyyy)

THX

Re: Some shopping advice please :P

I'm afraid I haven't read either one of those books, but I would recommend that you get both of them. It's important to read as many books and theories on singing as possible, so that you can find out what works for you.

Re: Some shopping advice please :P

Well i have just watched the zen of screaming for the first time right now, and its very helpful. I dont think theres much there that isnt already in RYV, but she really shows you everything in simpleton terms :P
and its nice to see everything instead of just reading it. I havent actually got to the screaming CD yet, but i should imagine it will be fairly straight forward.
And as for Roberts Four Pillars, i havent read or watched any of it, but i having been talking to Robert alot through myspace and email over the last few weeks, and he has also very very helpful in trying to help me overcome my problems. i will be getting the four pillars when i get the money.

To be honest, they are 'all' very helpful...so you cant lose either way really...lol...so chose whichever i guess