THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Comment my singing?

Hi, I've finally gotten myself a myspace to "promote my music." I'm starting a new chapter as a singer, as I'm going into a studio soon to hopefully record.

www.myspace.com/antonzilla

I've been singing for about 1½ year, and I just turned 16. I've had no lessons whatsoever, and since i'm studying, I have no time for practicing at the moment =/
I sing about 1 hour a week due to my schedule.. On holidays, I would normally sing 1-2 hours a day! simply because I love it.

But enough about me, please comment?

www.myspace.com/antonzilla

Re: Comment my singing?

Edit: "Ripped Apart" is my own song, and the rest is covers.

You have a lot of potential dude
Keep up the good work
I like 'the end of this chapter' by sonata arctica on that 4 sample track
Tony Rules m/

Thanks alot man! That means a lot coming from you, especially since I listened to your version of Gethsemane. I've always loved Steve Balsamos version, and your version might even be better!

And your falsetto(?) screams gets a 5-star rating. Man i wish I could learn to do that.

"Hi, I've finally gotten myself a myspace to "promote my music." I'm starting a new chapter as a singer, as I'm going into a studio soon to hopefully record.
"

Why on EARTH would you do that? You have a computer at home, right? And a sound card? You can make studio-quality recordings with little more than that and a guitar FX pedal and a music sequencing program like Acid. This setup will save you a LOT of time and money, which you can focus towards promoting the music, practicing, and gigging. Full-blown studio sessions are a thing of the past, IMO.

I disagree , I don't believe anything beats a full blown studio recording done by professionals who have much better equipment and if your going to a good one will have someone there to listen in to exact details and how to edit and mix and have you sound that goes beyond what even an extremely good singer can hear.

However at 16 I would recommend doing it yourself unless you already got a record deal or something.

probably because he's not a professional producer... that is what makes a world a difference

Yeahyou can't compare home-recordings to studio-recordings. 2 different worlds!
I wouldn't say that I've got a record deal, but a friend who's a pretty successful musician here in sweden owns a studio and wants me to record a demo.

So that'll be an experience!

Hey Man, I like your voice. The grit on "ripped" was cool. Your clean tone is great too. Maybe check your pitches a little bit (I have to keep checkin mine too:)). Try the pitch wheel exercise in Jaime's book. Keep writing original stuff and keep gearing yourself to record in the studio. Cheers.