THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Amazing Human Program

Just wanted to inform everyone that I am doing my 5th television show tomorrow. It's for Japanese television. They are flying to me this time to work around my Paris schedule. Not only are they going to film the glass breaking, but we are going to discuss the site and my books. Hey, maybe RYV will be translated into Japanese before long ;)

JV

Re: Amazing Human Program

That's great- congratulations!
I just hope that you won't forgot abou us- still vocaly struggling mortal

Anyway wish you good luck!

Forget about you??? you guys (and gals) are my life! I got so many vocal programs, products, books and DVDs planned for the next few years that you won't be able to buy anything for vocals unless it has the name Vendera on it ;)It's all about helping singers help themselves :)

JV

JAime good luck i watched the new videos you put up. I understood the locking and forgeting the throat. I don't talk in my throat so im sure it is hitting my soft pallet but man my back abbs hurt. Better that then my throat I can do gargle tone without water. But i dont do that when i sing i pay attation on the pressure of my powerpush. good luck

Kudos Jaime and good luck.

Its good that you will discuss your books and this site. The Japanese singers would benefit a lot from your vocal programs.

Any chance for us to be able to watch the film clip?

Excellent Jaime!

Congradulations!

That's so great Jaime! I want to see the show too. What are you doing in Paris?

so... how did it came out :D?

excellent news jamie.. have you set a date for paris yet ?
i might be able to make the trip.

vince uk

Not my best day. These glasses have decided to be a pain in the ass. I screamed Tenor Cs to Alto Fs for about 2 1/2 hours straight today and only one glass broke. Could be my recovering from a cold, but hey, I teach you how to do that right? ;) Tomorrow will be better. Doing it in front of a live audience. I love attention ;) Right now, just need vocal rest. Even the master gets a litte tired when he gets this frustrated, haha. THe Paris show is on the 25th and 26th. Pray to the voice fairies for me tonight :)

JV

don't stress out too much about it; YOU CAN DO IT! Afterall, it's just a glass, you hold the power Good luck and let us know how it went...

We made the show work. I saw my allergist this morning and he said that I am just consumed by this virus that I have been battling for the past week. Didn't have quite the power I usually do, but if it weren't for the Power Push, the E scream exercise and Voice RX, I wouldn't have broken any at all...So, I still got it ;)

JV

Is the E scream on the website or is it just in the book? Or in your videos with students?

It is mentioned in the book, but no audio file as of yet. Will be in the new book. I believe I explain it in the latest instructional videos.

Jaime V