THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Laryngitis set in

Oh well, too little too late.

Laryngitis set in this afternoon.
No big deal, but I did plan on spending this weekend with my girlfriend. But I don't want her to catch this crap, even though she's trying to get me to go over to her apartment.

So, I'm just loading up on water, Vitamin C and Calcium/Magnesium supplements.

I hate laryngitis. The thing that really stinks is I feel absolutely fine, but my voice is gone, so I can't do what I would normally do for enjoyment- which is sit around and sing along to some of my favorite bands.

Tim

Re: Laryngitis set in

I have had laryngitis this past week too. It sucks because I have no range right now. :( It's slowly coming back, but it's so frustrating not being able to use my voice. My voice was cracking all week long like I was going through puberty, lol.

DO NOT SPEAK! Give your voice a break!!! Go to your local GNC or health store and get a bottle of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. If you have a portable steamer, put a tablespoon in a cup of distilled water and breathe the steam. If not, boil water on the stove with 4 or 5 tablespoons of ACV. Bragg'a ACV Kills bacteria, period!!! Breathing steam will get the ACV to the infected areas.

JV

I can vouch for what Jaime's saying, just because I use the stuff myself to make tea. But you HAVE to get Bragg's b/c it has certain minerals and nutrients that the regular ciders don't, or at least Bragg's has more of them.

Oh man, I guess this is the season of illnesses. I just woke up this morning with a horrible cough, my tonsil are pretty swollen. I'm pretty sure I got a soar throat or tonsilitis. My whole dad's side of the family was over yesterday and alot of people were sick. So I'm sure I got it from one of them :(

Does this apple cider thing work with other things other then laryngitis?

Jaime,

I'm being good. I'm just sitting around listening to music and playing online video games, and enjoying the Vitamin C Saturation. LOL

Does it have to be Bragg's ? I've got Apple Cider Vinegar, but I'm not sure what brand it is. I've been drinking 2 Tablespoons followed by 4 ounces of water every few hours.

I know not to speak - I went through this a few years ago. I'm prone to Bronchitis - I smoked for 18 years, so it gets me every few years, and sometimes I wind up with laryngitis.
This is the first time it's gotten me since I quit smoking - and it is amazing that I have had no sore throat at all.
When I smoked I would have a super raw/sore throat that was swollen- so I think that is why I was surprised that I got laryngitis because the pain I usually associated with it (i.e. sore throat) wasn't there this time.

Thanks,
Tim

ACV will work for all infections. It needs to be ORGANIC ACV, regardless of whether it is Bragg's or not. The ACV from your local grocery storew WILL NOT work, because it has been strained. Pure ACV should be cloudy, not clear enough to see through it's golden color.

JV

Thanks Jaime!

Well, I'm already back from GNC with 3 bottles of Bragg's ACV. Hey man, at $2.79 a bottle - I can't afford to not keep this stuff around. LOL
I love living close to a health-food store. Hahaha

Tim