THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'm fucked. and now?

hi!
i took an ifection and i stayed 3 days at the hospital.
now, for 2 or 3 weeks i cannot do any exercise or any
activity that exceeds my 'muscles' capacity. I am
weak and some other things too :(
After all this time without singing i will lost
something??

thanks.

Re: I'm fucked. and now?

Hey Paul, love you to death, but please keep the language down because of some of the kids that come on here. Now, you are not screwed :) You need to take a little time for yourself and give your voice a break. You will get it back. Give your ENTIRE voice a rest. In other words, keep the talking to as minimal as possible, because the speaking voice can cause problems too. In a few weeks you can start with some soft and light exercises and build back up quickly. You'll be surprised at how quick you bounce back.

JV

But he's fuqued, Jaime. Isn't that a good thing for a lead singer? I mean, I haven't been fooked since I was making fun of Phil. Okay, before that.

Ah well. Jaime's right, Paul. Watch your focking language!

As far as your infection goes, hey, at least you don't have Ulcerative Colitis. I was just diagnosed with it, and it sucks. Four bloody mud monkeys a day, with the worst abdominal pain. It feels like Freddy Krueger lives in there. I think my singing career might be over. NOW who will Cobb make fun of? Haha, I put him out of a job!

Pram,

Seriously, you should look into Bragg's Organinc Apple Cider Vinegar. It will help regardless if what anyone says. Also, sounds like you should check out trying to do a Liver/GallBaldder flush, then a colon cleanse, to get everything back in order. Personally email me and I'll tell you where to find the best resources.

JV

Ahh, nothing like a good colon cleanse!

20 grams of Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C) should do the trick. LOL
Just take them 4 at a time (500 mg) and you will reach saturation - and that thing will clean you out big time! LOL
I'm joking - well sort of, it will clean you out - but it won't really be a colon cleanse - it will just give you the runs.
Seriously - people do not realize all the stuff that is stored in their colons.

When I went on all raw veggies and juicing - man - now THAT cleaned me out. LOL

But, alas, for weight lifting purposes I had to re-introduce meat into my system.

I thought i Was going to make it through this winter without catching anything or having any kind of cold.
WRONG!
My mom had pneumonia/bronchitis and the pneumonia caused her to have atrial fibrillation - so she was hospitalized for 8 days.

Then my roommate got sick, and now I just got it.
Oh joy, but luckily I don't have to work again until Tuesday, so I've been loading up on the Vitamin C, drank some Apple Cider Vinegar, gargled with ACV, and then gargled with warm saltwater - then, I used a Neil-Med Sinus rinse bottle and ran 8 ounces of warm salt water through each nostril.

Neil-Med Sinus Rinse

I am as cleaned out as can be. LOL

I can't wait until I get my chest, back, and shoulders built up to where I want them to be, because at that point, I'm going to order Thomas Appell's book on never having a cold again, and I'm going to stick to it. I think the one thing that is saving me this time around - is I haven't had any real dairy (other than a little butter every once in a while) for ages, so whatever I caught is having a hard time trying to creating phlegm.

I hope everyone feels better.
I've been a little slack with my voice exercises, but I'll be getting back on the ball soon enough. I've been working 2 jobs, and lifting weights 5 nights a week, so something had to give, and for the time being it was the voice exercises, but I'll start back up in February, because this summer I'm going to be recording a solo demo/EP and I'll be working on putting my band together.(The whole reason for the bodybuilding - I want to look like an ancient Greek God. lol)

Tim

I cant believe what Im reading..................Pram you are right, if anyone knows about a colon cleansing...it would be you. Merry Christmas anyway....

hi again. sorry for asking this but..

I need a lot of help. i'm back from the hospital now
bcause i had to make a surgery. (intestinal disease).

the size of the incision is about 50% of my belly.
goes from my vey lower belly until my navel and
up more!!! i had to use a weelchair and some other
things. now i am beggining to walk.

will take some months until the scar stay ok. lets
say 2-3 months my doctor said. what should i do now?

I am asking this because somtimes hurts even to breath! i know this will pass.. but how to start
from the "Zero" after making a operation like this?
i'll have to stay some months stopped

lets say after some months start making nreathing
exercises 20s each.. i dont know.

thanks.

You need to let singing and vocalizing go for now and focus on the healing. Don't worry, it will come back to you:)

JV

Yeah man, I have pretty bad Chron's and I can hardly breathe sometimes WITHOUT going through surgery. Just rest. Rest does you good even if you didn't hurt your voice.

Let yourself heal from the surgery. That is more important than singing...

ok guys. thanks!
happy new year for you!

ah... i'll have a lesson via internet with you
if possible this year to make sure everything is
right!

sorry again. next. 2007