THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for Specific Karaoke Tracks

Ok, hey everyone..

I'm looking for some harder to find karaoke tracks by Priest. Namely One Shot at Glory and Victom of Changes. I already have the standard list from them but wanna record these 2 tunes. Any help?

Thanks,
Troy

Re: Looking for Specific Karaoke Tracks

Do yourself a favor...record 2 other tunes that you can handle and leave halford to halford.....moron.

Have you heard of:

http://www.vanbasco.com/

If you make a search, you might be able to find something... Good luck!

Good luck finding One Shot at Glory.

If you need to record over an original song, there are other ways of doing it anyway, using filters or even just covering the original singer's voice, as I do here:
http://81.96.77.103/~ezyyaat/Painkiller.mp3

Another thing you could do is to just use a midi file from any accurate guitar tab.
I've got a very accurate One Shot At Glory in Guitar Pro 4 format, for all instruments:
http://81.96.77.103/~ezyyaat/Judas_Priest_-_One_Shot_At_Glory.gp4

Alkis,

Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately I have tried using filters in cubase etc, and mixing to eliminate or minimize orginal vocals problem is you can't really do it, you might be able to really bury it in the mix, but since vocals are generally put smack dab in the center, you'll never be able to eliminate the reverb that's left of the original vocal in the mix. Plus I've even tried them fancy vocal eliminator plugins and hardware, they don't even come close to a half decent attempt.

midi sound files for me are too midi'ish if you know what I mean.

Oiselle,

http://www.vanbasco.com/. Is a midi karaoke player. What I'm looking for is a track with the complete tune in it minus vocals so I can record in cubase or other program rather then, a online karaoke player. I find the quality just isn't what it should be, you can't quite have the flexibility and ability to produce a half decent recording like you can in a dedicated program like cubase.

I have found the best set up for me has been a SM58 mic with stand and pop filter, and a Firepod which comes with cubase LE. I've used smaller PC interfaces but nothing compares to the firepod. The only other thing I wish I had was a dedicated channel compresser like the really nice compresser or really nice pre. But the firepod has a half decent mic pre, and so far my budget doesn't allow for another 800 buck for a nice compresser. Right now can get by with software compression.

Alkis. Do you have msn?

I'd love to talk to you about singing.

Hey Troy! Yes of course the midi quality is not always the best; it really depends on the use you wanna make of it. It's good if it's just for fun but not enough for a demo or anything more serious... Just so you know, there is a way to remove the karaoke melody from the track when you play it through Van Basco. I'm not sure though if you would be able to save it again before importing to Cubase... That would be kind of tricky...

@Doug

Yes! I use ezyyaat - at - nottingham - dot - ac - dot - uk on MSN.

Hey Troy,

Have you tried the phrase trainer from guitar center or www.musiciansfriend.com? I have the guitar trainer and it is a pretty cool little gadget.....

Here is the link, you may have to copy and paiste it intop your browser.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tascam-CDVT1mkII-Portable-CD-Vocal-Trainer?sku=241257