THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Diet & Health

Well, I recently made the decision to become a vegetarian. Not out of any "namby-pamby" love for animals.(Please don't eat brother cow and sister sheep!" )

To be honest I LOVE Steak. I lived on it for months while I did the Atkins diet.
The problem is - I just don't trust the corporate animal industry. I saw a documentary and they were explaining that they feed cattle a combination of sawdust, concrete, chickensh!t and roadkill, as bulk to mix with their grain.

I'm sorry, but if that's what they are feeding cattle - no wonder stuff like "Mad-cow disease" exists.

So, in order to improve my health I have chosen to become a vegetarian.

So, let me tell you what rocks!

Take some lettuce, tomato, onion, carrot and cut it all up very fine (Thank God for the Salad Shooter! ) and then lightly add some Italian salad dressing, (and I also hit it with Black pepper, a dash of crushed Red Pepper, and a little garlic) and then put it in a Pita bread to make a sandwich out of it. Man, it is AWESOME, is low calorie, and you get the full nutrients from eating the raw veggies.

I came down with some kind of bug, or flu or something, and I felt like the left side of my larynx was swollen and I became a little raspy. I'm still not back to 100%, but when I started eating fresh fruit and vegetables in place of the heavy starch vegetables and meat I was eating, I began to feel so much better almost instantly. And that was the key for me.... so from now on I'm going to keep the majority of my salad as raw as possible.

Oh, and if you want to try something else that is great, Hummus and Falafel inside the pita bread with salad is really killer.
Now, I just need to learn to make the Pita Bread myself and I'll be in Vegetarian Heaven.

Also - if you decide to use Natural Licorice - be forewarned that it CAN raise your blood-pressure. I picked up a box of "Egyptian Licorice tea, and man that stuff is great. I drink one glass each night before I go to bed to help me unwind.

What spurred me into thinking about this was I've been reading a book called God's Way to Ultimate Health by Dr. George H. Malkmus. He had cancer, and cured himself of cancer within 6 months by going to a predominantly raw food diet. I've started studying about having a pH balanced diet, and that led me to reading this book- my mom got me the book a few years ago, and I just sort of looked at it, went "blech" and probably put the book on the bookshelf and a steak on the grill. LOL

I just thank God I didn't get Laryngitis - I lost my voice a few years ago and it was months before I could really sing again....and let me tell you - there is NOTHING more miserable than wanting to be able to sing, and not being able to - that was when I realized how much pleasure * I * derive from singing.

So hopefully, this change in diet will benefit my voice. I think it will, because i can already feel a change in how my body feels. I feel lighter, and....it's hard to explain, I just feel so much better than I normally have.

Tim

Re: Diet & Health

This was an AWESOME post!!! It's all about getting your body more alkaline as opposed to acidic. You will feel lighter because that meat isn't collecting in your bowels. Check out Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About by Kevin Tredeau. You'' freak out.

Jaime Vendera

Re: Diet & Health

skull i feel you when i got relux i lost my vioce i got in to a great depression. So i know how you feel. You are so cool going vege im going that raod too ph balance is the only way. And you will have a very strong vioce.