THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thinking about it to much

I know we all had this problem once. I sing great when i practice but in a song.

I try to think of somthing to make me stop thinking of notes. Casue that is what stops me and makes me strain. Man and im so sensitive about straining.

THen i worry am i to nasel then i hate the sound on my vioce. What to think about. THink nothing i cant. I have to think somthing. what you think about singin a song.

Re: Thinking about it to much

My personal experience with this was that it just took me time to get over it.

What helped, a little, was recording myself while singing. I started to see that what I was hearing, that sounded terrible, didn't actually sound quite so bad in the recording.

Other than that, you just have to sing, sing, sing till you've gotten over that idea that you have to focus on technique while singing, and that you're not doing a good job.

Another little tip I have is to try focusing on -one- thing while you're singing. So while singing a song the first time, try thinking only about keeping it perfectly on pitch, and ignore any other mistakes you might make. The next time through, try focusing on breath support. The next, on your vibrato. You get the idea. For me, doing that enough times causes me to get so bored of focusing on the technique that my mind just kind of 'blanks out' any thought of that, and focuses on the song itself. I've done some of my best sounding recordings by doing that.

Re: Thinking about it to much

Thx for advice but pitch i cant think about that that is the worst for me.