THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can I sue?

After the 8 hours of practice I do with your book,I have almost reached a full octave above where I was, But now my Dr. says I have to have surgery on my hemmoroids because of all the straining. Is there a way the website can help me pay for this as I am very poor.

Re: Can I sue?

Geeze. Toooo much information, lady.

Plus if you had followed the instructions in the book, you would've known to -not- strain.

Don't know whether to take you seriously or not so I'm assuming it's a joke. Sounds like you focused the pressure a little too low;) That's why we tell you not to grunt, and for you to consult your physician first, haha.

JV

PS- The Power Push didn't cause your hemmoroids, but may be responsible for the need to change your underwear.

I dont think its right to make fun of me...someone needs to help me pay for my surgery.

Eli, you can't sue Jamie for something that you should've known not to do in the first place.

Eli,
If you are seriously offended by our remarks then I am sorry. But, when you present such a ridiculous accusation against The Voice Connection, then how else are we supposed to take it. I don't appreciate you coming on this board and leaving such remarks. In fact, how dare you come on to my site and threaten to sue me. Read the Discalimer on page 94! I've got a bad knee, but you don't see me calling up the inventor of the treadmill I run on and asking them to pay for my surgery.

Your hemmoroids were not caused by these technques so quit trying to point the finger at someone else in order to make a quick buck. If that were the case, then every rock star from the 80's would have hemmoroids, because 90% of them were taught by Elizabeth Sabine,who teaches the same power method. Pop and rock stars such as Madonna and Mick Jagger were taught by another world renowned vocal coach from New york who teaches along the same lines.

So, I am sorry about your trouble, but I'm sure that I have many many rock stars, several vocal coaches, and my lawyer to back me on this one. You are not supposed to strain or grunt with this technique, it's a downard sensation; you aren't actually setting on the toilet. If you were actually pushing down too hard you would shit yourself! So if you are a smart person and you are doing it wrong and it is bothering you, then the SMART thing to do is to quit doing it wrong!!!

JV

PS- You don't need to thank me for helping you reach another octave

Jaime Vendera

I just talked with my lawyer. He said everyone who reads this messgae is a potential customer. So, the last I checked, there were about 50 reads. So that's a potential loss of $50 a person for both of my printed books. That's a $2500 loss so far from someone who might take this to heart. You are questioning my professionalism and soiling my name over a ridiculous claim. So, maybe we'll wait until there is about a $25,000 potential loss in sales and sue you!

JV

lol, I say, you pursue that, even if this jerk thought he was being funny.

Actually, if you tighten/contract those muscles - it should do just the opposite.

In any of the Hindu religious traditions, you are taught to repeatedly tighten/contract the muscles that control your "elimination functions" and they will not only help alleviate hemorrhoids, but it is also claimed to help increase your virility.

Tim

Hemmroids are a small price to pay for an Octave

Hemmoroids have nothing to do with that octave!

JV

I think you should sue him, Jaime.

hemroedds are from sitting on your ass to long. I know i have them you have to take care of them and they will go away.