THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Vocal secret to relax your voice:)

Joshmv
Hey Guys!
I know Jaime says tea of a mildly warm drink is a good way to relax your throat but my domestic asked me one day if I wanted ginger tea( [url" http://vegetarian.about.com/od/morerecipes/r/GingerTea.htm" ] )(BEN I tried to get the URL working and it's nott)and it really helps relax your voice even more so than plain tea or anything else I've had:)

I don't know how many of you know this but thought I'd share:)

This will not cure sore-throats or anything but is nice before a gig or when practicing:)

Take care people :)
[/url]you forgot the ] after the first "url". Love ya. hehhehe!

Uohhh :) haha :D

Hahahaha

Ginger is great! Hot water is also great during a gig to keep the voice relaxed and hydrated, which is why Sngers such as Labrie uses it on stage. That's why RYV talks about water in depth. ALL singers should know that water is of utmost importance,

Yepp :)
Jaime!
I have major stage fright =S
I need to learn how to lose myself in the song and perform.. ?

Sing your songs over and over again until you can do them in your sleep. Visualize the performance way ahead of time. See the crowd going nuts. I do it every tv show and it all works fine:)

Jaime Vendera
Sing your songs over and over again until you can do them in your sleep. Visualize the performance way ahead of time. See the crowd going nuts. I do it every tv show and it all works fine:)

That's dead on advice. Things almost always go the way we visualize them in our mind. Not just performances but everything. That's why it's so very important to replace every undesired result and focus instead on a desired outcome. It's exactly like planting a seed that will eventually grow into something pretty cool. Plant a rose you get a rose. I'm still getting desired outcomes from seeds I planted decades earlier. I don't mean to be all metaphysical and stuff but it's just one of the truest and most powerful things there ever was.

Thanks Jaime and gtrnflames!
We have an international music festival here in Sri-Lanka in August and there are going to be music producers and record labels from different genres coming downn:)
The day before there is a competition to get on the stage to show your stuff:)
Any advice on a song that will mesmerize and how to totally captivate the audience?

Josh that really depends on what fits you. I'd friggin love to do Separate Ways by Journey and mesmerize people, but that's just not my tone. We're currently recording some Zep tunes for Alesis and a couple other companies because that is more my vocal fit. So, you really need to figure out what fits you;)

Jaime Vendera
Josh that really depends on what fits you. I'd friggin love to do Separate Ways by Journey and mesmerize people, but that's just not my tone. We're currently recording some Zep tunes for Alesis and a couple other companies because that is more my vocal fit. So, you really need to figure out what fits you;)
I had the same revelation when I discovered that I can really sing country music very well without even trying very hard. Good advice Jamie.

Thanks Jaime!
I was thinking about Faithfully by Journey..
I think I'll post a cover for your critique soon :)