THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Alter Bridge - Watch over you cover for review and critique! :)

Hey guys!
Just recorded this off the laptop so the audio isn't that great :/

Just hope that you guys could watch this and tell me what you think and what you think I should do, have I get it re-done :)Have been singing with RYV and it's been an absolute blessing (:

Any other Sri-Lankans on this btw? :P

http://youtu.be/hSqyA1BIE8A

Re: Alter Bridge - Watch over you cover for review and critique! :)

Joshmv
Hey guys!
Just recorded this off the laptop so the audio isn't that great :/

Just hope that you guys could watch this and tell me what you think and what you think I should do, have I get it re-done :)Have been singing with RYV and it's been an absolute blessing (:

Any other Sri-Lankans on this btw? :P

http://youtu.be/hSqyA1BIE8A
I love it. Aside from the distortion from the mic you sound great. I love the tone and delivery. I think I like you better playing acoustic guitar. :)

Thanks so much Ben! :)
Yea, Now if only I could find a way to improve the audio! :)
Any ideas?
Where maybe I can track the audio and video and then sync them later?

Hey!!! great Job, you sound so great and so connected at the upper tones, cause your are mixing them with fallseto, or you trancend sometimes
wich gives you huge dynymical freedom!!!!

Btw: Hi, my name is Moritz

Thanks Moritz!
I don't really have too much freedom though, when belting out high I have to push sometimes and there are times where it sounds a bit ugly but yea, fallseto makes it a lot easier ;)

And again thanks a lot :)

Joshmv
Thanks so much Ben! :)
Yea, Now if only I could find a way to improve the audio! :)
Any ideas?
Where maybe I can track the audio and video and then sync them later?
The only way to improve that audio I think is to get a mic or a new camera. Those camera mics usually don't have the dynamic range to pick up serious rock singing without being overdriven when the sound gets louder and more intense. I really love hearing you sing these Alter Bridge songs. It actually made me want to go check out the band. I'd heard of them before, but never really listened. Great band. You do a wonderful job with their music. Loving your voice man!

Awesome :D
Stuff from their newer album ABIII is a bit heavier but some amazing depth to the lyrics in there.

And yea I really should get a new mic.
Have a good mic but getting the adapter to hook it up to the computer is the problem.

Thanks so much Ben!
Means a lot.

Joshmv
Awesome :D
Stuff from their newer album ABIII is a bit heavier but some amazing depth to the lyrics in there.

And yea I really should get a new mic.
Have a good mic but getting the adapter to hook it up to the computer is the problem.

Thanks so much Ben!
Means a lot.
You are welcome my friend! You should listen to my songs :)

Oh awesome!
I'd be glad to:)
how do I find them? (:

Oh alright, sorry I hadn't checked them sooner! :)
I'll check them right now :)