THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Me singing a song

Ben

hahahahhaha! Too funny man. I think I will try some Chris Isaak, Elvis Presley, and maybe the Doors and James Taylor. Maybe one day I can sing some Opeth or Megadeth. :)

Yeah how about you sing the end by the doors, love those lyrics......the blue bus is calling us ;))
Or try Queen of the reich.......well maybe that wouldn´t suit you so well after all. Besides the snake is long and it is gonna take you down to the ancient lake.......the ancient lake........so yes you really should sing the end :D

moshmetalvocalist
Ben

hahahahhaha! Too funny man. I think I will try some Chris Isaak, Elvis Presley, and maybe the Doors and James Taylor. Maybe one day I can sing some Opeth or Megadeth. :)

Yeah how about you sing the end by the doors, love those lyrics......the blue bus is calling us ;))
Or try Queen of the reich.......well maybe that wouldn´t suit you so well after all. Besides the snake is long and it is gonna take you down to the ancient lake.......the ancient lake........so yes you really should sing the end :D
hahahaha! You are funny. I don't think I'll sing The End because I'm not a big fan of incest and murder. LOL! Maybe the Crystal Ship, Break on Through, or Riders on the Storm.

Ben

hahahaha! You are funny. I don't think I'll sing The End because I'm not a big fan of incest and murder. LOL! Maybe the Crystal Ship, Break on Through, or Riders on the Storm.

and he went down to the hall!
He said, "father, I want to kill you, Mother I want to
!unrecognizeable scream!"
Yeah Jim was on the booze most of the time but he was a genious and chrystal ship is one of the most beatifull songs I have ever listened to......great melody :)

A hero is someone who fights the rules of existence and seems to conquer them but sometimes it works!
(Jim Morisson)
One of my favourite quotes :))

Hey Ben, sorry I didn't take the time to listen earlier; I've just been super busy :)) The volume was really really low for me so I couldn't hear as much as I would have wanted to but it did sound awesome from what I could hear :) I've told you before that you have a beautiful tone! And I agree this style is perfect for you. You sound very relaxed too. Keep it up!

Val

oiselle
Hey Ben, sorry I didn't take the time to listen earlier; I've just been super busy :)) The volume was really really low for me so I couldn't hear as much as I would have wanted to but it did sound awesome from what I could hear :) I've told you before that you have a beautiful tone! And I agree this style is perfect for you. You sound very relaxed too. Keep it up!

Val
Thanks Val! You sure did tell me that. I guess I just didn't have confidence until recently. I will post another song soon and turn up the mic gain when I record so it's not so quiet. :) Thank you maestro.

Great Ben! Really Great! But the volume is too low!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it UP! But one thing though, dont be shy when going for high notes! But REALLY Great!

BB
Great Ben! Really Great! But the volume is too low!!!!!!!!!!! Keep it UP! But one thing though, dont be shy when going for high notes! But REALLY Great!

Thanks!

Was running the audio off my Dad's laptop and it was not that audible so I'll give it another listen later :)
But from what I could hear it sounded good!

Joshmv
Was running the audio off my Dad's laptop and it was not that audible so I'll give it another listen later :)
But from what I could hear it sounded good!
I'm sorry! I recorded with the mic gain too low. Try it with some speakers that you can crank up. :) I hope you like it.

Just did :)
And again am in awe of your voice :)
When I sing low it's always a bit muddy at time but you have that resonance and depth to it which is awesome! :)

Joshmv
Just did :)
And again am in awe of your voice :)
When I sing low it's always a bit muddy at time but you have that resonance and depth to it which is awesome! :)
hahah! Thanks man! That makes me so happy to hear. I actually had to learn to sing low. I know most people on here just wanna learn to sing high, but learning to sing low is a task that takes work too. The thing I had to work on was even when I sing low I don't let the sound drop down in my throat. I try to keep it resonant and it feels like my entire mouth and head is full of sound and resonance like a subwoofer/bass speaker! :) My voice used to get tired when singing low because I let the sound drop down into my throat. It is possible to sing even your lowest notes and still feel the proper resonance. You can sing the exact same low note with the sound in your throat and with it placed properly and it will sound and feel so so much easier and better. Low notes need as much support as your middle notes....maybe not quite as much as really high ones. Thanks again for your very kind words. Keep rocking man. I love listening to your clips. :)

I guess what I was saying was that RYV helps you learn to sing low as well as high, and everything between.

Amen to that!
RYV the complete package for all vocalists;)
I'll work on my lower tones now that I've achieved some of what I needed for my upper registers.
Thanks for the inspiration :)
I want the sub-woofer feeling! xD

Joshmv
Amen to that!
RYV the complete package for all vocalists;)
I'll work on my lower tones now that I've achieved some of what I needed for my upper registers.
Thanks for the inspiration :)
I want the sub-woofer feeling! xD
I haven't really increased my upper range much using it, but the quality of my tone and smooth register crossing is what I was shooting for. YOu are welcome. Thanks for being so nice. You can do it! Sing baby! :) whoooooooo!