THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Another "Help with TT" Topic + Your Own Experiences With It

Xplosiw
Allright, so my second weekend just started off with this wonderful excercise. Now, I'm little unsure about it.

Around my passagio, which is like +/- 5 semitones from C4, I start out with a falsetto on yaay, it's allright, then as I start/try to add resonance it just starts to crack and eventually I just flip to chest voice and yeah, you get the point. Everywhere else, above and below passagio, it's just extremely easy to do.

So, my question is, do I just have to take baby steps here and gradually just increase it bit by bit? Right now I can barely increase the volume/resonance at all, like I'm stuck in such a tiny sound. Just more practice?

I hope you could share how you began, and how quickly cords started to learn this excercise etc, it would be very nice to hear!

Thanks!
I find transcending tone to be the most difficult at my passagio note. E flat and E above middle C are the hardest for me. When I start cracking and flipping all over the place I just slow down and keep trying till I get it right. F above that is way easier for me. You should slow down probably.

No matter how slow, it just doesn't get any louder or more resonating. My first day though, have to keep practicing more with it! :)

Wonder if I should keep doing this ex. until I can do it correctly before moving to sirens? Or just stick with 7-week-workout?

Xplosiw
No matter how slow, it just doesn't get any louder or more resonating. My first day though, have to keep practicing more with it! :)

Wonder if I should keep doing this ex. until I can do it correctly before moving to sirens? Or just stick with 7-week-workout?
So you can do every note below where this happens solidly? You should be transcending tone all the way down as low as you can as well as how high you can. Don't skip the stuff before your highest note. I was not able to do it properly, but I want to go so fast and get range quick, but if everything below is shakey, what's the point?

Just a quick, positive update for anyone interested!

Again, something funny happened and my cords just decided that they can do it, and now I have a great control over this excercise at all ranges, awesome!

Before, I just couldn't add any volume or resonance. Today, it was a piece of cake, it just happened.

Wow, human body is just spectacular thing when it comes to learning new things!