THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Practice Guide with Jim Gillette's Vocal Power

Ben
There aren't any demonstrations on it. The demonstrations are on the video. I do wish Jamie would demonstrate them going all the way up because I'm not sure what I'm supposed to sound like above my break. I hope he reads this and gives us a demonstration. I am just unsure of what the tone should sound like above chest voice. Is the sound supposed to be like this crazy nasal resonance?

You are absolutey right demonstrations would be a great help! But Breaking the Chains by Kevin Richards has got all the vocal power scales too. But Kevin sometimes uses a lighter voice for the exercises.
Above the break he adds pharyngial resonance to get into mixed voice but I never feel my head buzzing when I do those exercises that way. Have you ever used breaking the chains???

moshmetalvocalist
Ben
There aren't any demonstrations on it. The demonstrations are on the video. I do wish Jamie would demonstrate them going all the way up because I'm not sure what I'm supposed to sound like above my break. I hope he reads this and gives us a demonstration. I am just unsure of what the tone should sound like above chest voice. Is the sound supposed to be like this crazy nasal resonance?

You are absolutey right demonstrations would be a great help! But Breaking the Chains by Kevin Richards has got all the vocal power scales too. But Kevin sometimes uses a lighter voice for the exercises.
Above the break he adds pharyngial resonance to get into mixed voice but I never feel my head buzzing when I do those exercises that way. Have you ever used breaking the chains???
I have Breaking The Chains. I think it is an EXCELLENT program. Some of the exercises even on CD1 seem to hard for me and I'm not a slouch and I'm pretty intelligent. Some of the chest voice exercises seem to go way too high for me. Kevin is a great guy. He will answer just about any questions you email him. I just wish there was a video with examples of him going all the way up and all the way down for each exercise. I don't want to copy him. I just want to have an idea of how the tone should change for each exercise in chest, middle, and head voice. Kinda just as a guide. Ya know what I mean? I got so frustrated because It is hard for me to go to the top notes even on the first three or so exercises. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. I just don't know what it is. I went back to doing the isolation exercises and the first two exercises on Vocal Power and am having great success. I'm able to sing songs a LOT easier in the past three weeks that I've gone back.

They didnt want vox examples, fpr the Vocal Power though I offered, but I will be doing some for the dvds we're filming now. Some different stuff plus RYV stuff as well;)

Jaime Vendera
They didnt want vox examples, fpr the Vocal Power though I offered, but I will be doing some for the dvds we're filming now. Some different stuff plus RYV stuff as well;)

Thanks for the info Jamie. I'm excited to find out what you guys are working on! What is it? Give me a hint! :) Anyhow, when doing the Vocal Power scales, should the tone get thinner as you ascend in your range? Should it sound real nasal?

Don't think nasal-think robotic. It will get a bit thinner, but hang on to the robotc sound. I cannot reveal anything at this point because I am still workng through it with the partner;)

Jaime Vendera
Don't think nasal-think robotic. It will get a bit thinner, but hang on to the robotc sound. I cannot reveal anything at this point because I am still workng through it with the partner;)
Thanks for the info Jaimers! :) I can't wait to see what you have lined up. I just got extreme scream 1. Will mastering this program also help me sing less extreme styles with grit as well? Rock on bro.

It works for all types of screaming because most of the principles are the same, but we have recorded other styles as well which will be released in succession.

Thanks bro. When is the next one coming out? I'd love to be able to go sing kareoke starting out singing a country song then have everyone's jaws hit the floor by busting out some AC/DC or Guns N Roses or even some Linkin Park. hehehhe!

It's all in the hands of the company. This was not me handling the reins, because if it were, they'd already be released. Although most of II & III have been recorded, they want to release the volumes periodically because there are even more to come.

Jaime Vendera
It's all in the hands of the company. This was not me handling the reins, because if it were, they'd already be released. Although most of II & III have been recorded, they want to release the volumes periodically because there are even more to come.
Got it! Thanks again for the update Jamie. I started doing isolation exercises 4 weeks ago. It is slow going, but singing is a lot easier now. My voice never feels tired like it used to.

HELP

Hi im starting to practice with the Jim's DVD Vocal Power BUT i dont own the GUIDE you know what i mean? i cant found it... so if some of you can send it to me it will be ******* great! im gonna leave my facebook adress, so if anyone have it PLEASE contact me

Rexx Rokket//

FACEBOOK ADRESS: REXX ROKKET

Re: HELP

Go to metalmethod.com. You can buy just the new practice guide download for like 6 or 7 dollars;)