THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RockyRobbii

hi everyone I have a very very very important question and I really just need simple confirmation. I am happy with with my voice. I am happy with my tone. I don't give a dammn about range but I can sing can sing pretty high and pretty low, I can apply vocal inflections, anything. However, with regard to my singing, I have just ONE REALLY HUGE BIG PROBLEM.

I just can't seem to control my singing voice inbetween the breaks. Like around C4-E4. When I sing in that area my voice just sounds weak and crackly, and not like my normal full voice at all. Anywhere else is fine but that area of my range I just CANNOT get under control. Also when I slide from let's say any note above C4 to any note below C4 (like when I'm doing Sirens) I always crack/flip/break in that area, it goes from like F4 straight to Bb3.

This basically means that I cannot sing A LOT of songs, because there's always SOME singing around that ****ed passagio area. so when I sing those parts it sounds like I'm yodeling LOL

I'm planning on dropping the Falsetto Slide and the Siren exercise (not completely, but for the most part) cause I'm not one bit concerned about singing higher or whatever. I think I need to concentrate on the Transcending Tone, cause, once again, I only seem to have problems going from light falsetto to big full voice around that stupid passagio area. I crack ALOT there and I just CANNOT seem to get past the transition smoothly.

So does that mean that that is an indicator that says, "hey you're messing up here, you need to concentrate on this area more, otherwise you can't sing around here."??? Will the Transcending Tone fix this BIG problem??

Sorry for my long post but this is really ALL I care about right now, not range, not tone, not rasp, THIS. Getting FULL ACCESS to my FULL RANGE.

Thanks for reading Just yes or no will make me a very happy man