THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lee Muria

hm good idea didn't thought about it........and feel free to share any good tips that were not mentioned here yet

there's plenty of lee marias but not lee muria......well i sent him mail, i just hope that he is still using it

Well it was a long time ago so i dont clearly remember his tips. But the best thing he did for me was helping me understand that work really pays off.

He was a huge inspiration that way, ive worked my voice like crazy, it wasnt really suited for metal. Now Im on my way to the voice ive always dreamed off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7WsrtWsahc

far from perfect but you should have heard me 4 years ago

Jens you rock, I have listened that many times :) Just insane...and I'm not Dragonforce fan because IMHO it's more sports than music ;)

Thanks mate,im not into dragonforce either but the backtrack was so good so i wanted to do my own thing about it hehe ;)

ive always wanted to have a voice like daniel heimans, im far from there yet but im getting better :P

@ Jens
... DUDE!! That was awesome!
Was that a freakin' soprano B natural at the end? What techniques do you use to get that gritty high screaming without destroying your throat? (I'm working on 'For your entertainment', and it doesn't quite 'work' without some of that quality.) Would you mind giving me some critique on my higher notes?
http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/2/17/2765184//high G natural.mp3
I know the first part is a bit pinched in this one, but I'll post it anyway.
http://www.fileden.com/files/2010/2/17/2765184//sample1.mp3
I'd appreciate you guys taking a listen.

hmm dunno i think it's around b5 at the end, but just after the chourus at 1.29 ther's a C#6 at the first "laughing" sequence and a pushed D6 at the next :P

really cool highotes bari loved the soundcolor welldone! I dont have any critique of them, but know one thing that has helped me alot with the highnotes in getting better control/range. that is playing around with soundcolor alot, both playing around with a more open soprano sound and that pinched metalsound

I use falsefold distortion for my rasp, ive shared most my tips and tricks on this board and on themodernvocalistforum so check out the distortion threads on those forums

Thanks, Jens! One of these days I'll post a whole song. (once I get confident/good enough, lol) I'll definitely check out those forums.

sounds good to me so you dont have anyting to be afraid of mate ;)

This is the first time I've checked this forum in years and I was quite surprised to see my name in a recent post title! lol

Alex, if you let me know what it is you want help with i will try to help out, but I my I haven't thought about or mentioned singing techniques or terminology for years now so I might not be much help as for the past few years my singing method has been based on 'is it in tune and does it sound nice?' lol I stopped worrying about chest voice, headvoice, falsetto, support, breathing, exercises and just started 'singing'.

Talk soon

Lee

niceeeee, didn't even hope that you will show yourself here again.....I have few questions and they would be quite hard to explain through forum, so I want to ask if you have some way how to communicate online (icq, fbchat, gmail chat, whatever), if not I'll try it here, so please let me know, thanks

here is my mail: n3v3rd1e6@gmail.com