THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Do you know anything about Ken Tamplin's vocal academy?

Thanks guys:) Nah, I am not ashamed of my singing at all, just got bogged down in Sirens and Miner Mines for tooooo long, hahaha;) Haven't played out since 2002 right after my surgery, which made singing really suck, but if it weren't for that, I wouldn't have developed Vocal Stress Release;)

Yeah Brett might have more success, but being a personal friend of mine, I know he doesn't really think about it and he's busy working on an entire CD. He does have some songs on iTunes. We got four almost ready for the studio, but we'll most likely be performing them on a TV show or vocal workshop in early 2011 before we hit the studio;)

i bought that course... i think is too expensive for the course, if i make a relationship between price/quality it would be a 2/10.

to me... ken tamplin fail me.

Roberto
i bought that course... i think is too expensive for the course, if i make a relationship between price/quality it would be a 2/10.

to me... ken tamplin fail me.

Besides the price, what was bad about it?

it has 4 exercises that like to me but... he shows the open troath technique, is easy, keep your palathe high!!

no much more... it comes with scales make by him, but he sings all the time and it is with a guitar, no a piano....

i think if ken put more effort would be a great course.. for 160$

Thanks, Roberto.

What is the whole deal with the open throat technique? I mean, it's not like you sing with your mouth closed!

i think is the same as jaime said about the yawning sensation but doing exercises to do it more easy!

not much more, when i will be more deep into the course i will tell you!

i bought the stage 1 dvd and all he teaches are some vowel modification exercises and that open throat Ah sound. im really confused and dont know what to practice it becomes really confusing when you buy many products and dont know which one to use because each one has its own beliefs and methods. Currently im using breaking the chains, the guy has exercises from each program/book but i dont know if using different methods and techniques and not just sticking to one will be effective or not nd btw dont let the price decieve you u might think Oh this is more expensive so it must be better sometimes its the complete opposite

aal please contact with me!

mate i think you should pick one course and stick with it for a solid 2-3 months. its easier to compare results when you have consistent racked up sessions than if you just do "a bit of everything here and there". stsick with breaking the chains until you find its too easy, then move onto a different one, maybe back to RYV?

hey robert you can can add me moh_92_abdelaal@hotmail.com.
well i havent practiced RYV at all cause i thought it will be kinda advanced for me, all i have used is singing success and now im practing breaking the chains. i didnt practice RYV also cause i thought that three exercises alone wont provide a complete vocal workout for the voice. Big respect to RYV its a great book but i just think its not the time to practice it now (as im still an intermediate singer) i'll use it later. And btw i have to say that jaime is a really awesome coach he doesnt claim to be the only and best teacher and he is just too honest and open minded (unlike some other coaches)

and phil yea thats wat im gonna do it looks like a really good program, i really like the chest voice exercises :)

i add you now, i want to talk with you about breaking the chains!

and if you want i can help you in your vocal routine!

Some people on TMV forum use it. I don't personally have it. If it would be cheaper I might consider although I already have more courses than I can handle in my lifetime

I know this is a small thing, but I can't really take him seriously after seeing two (very big) croatian stars in the testimonials. I'm pretty sure they are not named Tim St. John and Kelvin Thompson with the "Genius Fu*% help on my vocs". Hilarious.

The least they could do is to use stock photos.

Who can't you take seriously?

Tamplin.

I've bought the whole 3 DVD package and right now I'm having ridiculous amount of faith and already great results! So I'm happy and I trust Ken!

One thing I have to say though, it helps me a lot that I have good background and understanding from RYV and CVT methods and I've practiced my basics for over 3 months every day with Singing Success CD:s so I already had a decent connection with chest and head and have found some mix and so on. It really helps you avoid some "traps" when you have already studied and when you have already developed some technique.

But that said Ken Tamplin seems to be what I pretty much expected. You just have to put a lot of your own effort into it to figure it all out! Same with Singing Success, I believe I had better results than average because I subscribed to their videos and spent hours and hours watching them and absorbing information and learning little details one by one and spent time practicing and figuring these little details out every day. Same with Ken Tamplin, it's simple technique and exercises but you really have to make sure you learn it the way it's meant to be learned. Do it almost right and it's not good enough.

The vowel modification thing and open throat thing worked for me immediately and since the first time I tried it I've been singing live better backing vocals than ever before, I took one melody octave higher because I was so confident!

So I can't speak for everyone, but I have faith in Ken! When you buy his DVD he gives you a 10 min consultation on skype to make sure that you get it right and so that you can ask your questions. That 10 minutes was enough to correct my support btw! Gonna take skype lessons with Ken in the future definitely.

Hope this isn't too much of a hype post, but I'm excited as always :D