THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Boiling Water in the Kitchen

this whole "clogging" thing i've NEVER experienced personally. I don't have a problem with water/milk/coffee/citrus/alcohol. I find they actually help me, not impede me. But this is what i'm saying about trying it yourself rather than just believing what your told, things aren't always so black and white for eveyrone. you have experienced similar results haven't you, thomas appell recommends lemon in hot water and honey, and you've stated that you found citrusy stuff clogged you up. different strokes for different folks :-) all we can do is share, experiment

avoiding the chlorine sounds like a good idea, boiling destroys most foreign chemicals (although it actually concentrates flouride more) apparantly. personally i think taking a nice hot shower will do the trick, it gets the steam and the water itself on your body will relieve unnecessary tension.

another trick i find is doing a handstand on the wall and lowering myself onto my head and sitting on my head, not only is it just about the best way of strengthening your neck muscles (curing pencilneckitis!) but it really warms up everything in that area for me, gets the blood going or wahtever.

another trick: if i'm having trouble getting a full expanded breath (most likely due to tension) i'll grab my wrist wtih my other hand and pull both hands away from each other (an oldschool exercise called "chest expansion") it'll stretch out the ribs etc and make more room for a deeper breath, i find this works almost immediately.

not specifically what you wanted to hear but i believe oiselle answered your original Q