THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Metal Blast song and vocal performance you ppl must hear

Of course Jens and I know for probably most of them without bragging or overboosting(I'm a Power Metal singer myself who studies the technic more than actually singing in a band ) but this guy combines his performance with emotions and the power in really one hell of a great song... He's just next to Daniel Heiman on my list!

Well daniel heiman is just like this guy a techniqal monster, but in my book they kindo miss something a singer like for instance Jorn lande has.
Even if there are up to par in the technical part(depending on preferance, as jorn has a bigger voice) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFQdVEUfHI8

But you are right, he's up in the same league as heiman but the booring part is, even though he has a really great voice he brings nothing new :( I find that kindo booring, he's just plain a verygood metalsinger but he lacks personality and that extra edge.

Well this is kindo usless to discuss about really, he's great period and it's all a matter of taste.

Jorn Lande is a blast; I won't mention you that I'm ripping whole Masterplan because of his extra voice... Good I've found someone on the same topic ;)

Are you also singer or the coach on the forum?

Yeah im a wannabe reach for the sky vocalist :P add me on msn if you wanna talk vocals someday ;)or share songs
Jens_86_johansson@hotmail.com

So I never got into Jorn Lande because the few songs I heard were nothing special, although he was very good. So I listened to a few more songs just now and the guy is a monster and in my opinion is the only singer to do DIO justice.

Jens
Yeah im a wannabe reach for the sky vocalist :P add me on msn if you wanna talk vocals someday ;)or share songs
Jens_86_johansson@hotmail.com

No problem ;)

Speaking of Dio, do you know Nils Patrik Johansson? He sings for Astral Doors and others. Check the band:

http://www.myspace.com/astraldoors/

Edit: my favourite from AD - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_uDyK113Cw Cold War Survivor

Cold war survivor rocks my favourite with them also!